Random Thoughts By an Age Old Poster

The Giant Baba

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2002
I have seen the comment "this is a game we lose in years past" several times, and I do agree with that comment. This just had one of those ball bouncing the right way, the better team was finding a way to lose, road game which gets away often in college football. This had a different feel than the Bama game though. Vandy got "less lucky" in that game somehow.

I never felt that Vandy offense was going to post many long sustained drives on us, they needed short fields, and thanks to two picks and (another) horsesh-t punt we gave them the majority of their easy points.

Quinn was very sharp when he threw the ball yesterday. Heavy emphasis on the when and to whom. Both those picks were clearly fortunate bounces for Vandy but I am also surprised he does not get more passes batted given his release point half the time. Again, back to point one, ball bounced the right way.

We also should have capitalized multiple times to put this game away. That Personal foul was brutal, the game was over on that play, we would have scored, flipped the field and made them drive.

The OL penalties were nuts, but more than 1 or 2 were also pretty borderline (the Banks holding call was a stretch at best)

All things considered, the defense played very well given the position we put them in. That said, they convert on a just one of those late 4th and longs, the game is over earlier for sure. Personally I wish we brought the house at least one of those time we had a "put them away" opportunity. (I know the kid was slippery)

Wisner is what he is. Solid, dependable. Makes some excellent plays. Will surprise you. Not a back DCs are super panicked about. We have to go portal for a game changer or two next year IMO.

Our punting situation scares the daylights out of me. See the GA punter if you want to see how that can change a game.(for the better)

McDonald was a beast yesterday. LOVE to see that. He was torched here and there earlier this year, that said, kid is an alpha back there.

Tip you cap to Ags, all you can do. The irony that they are back to musical chairs at QB and it actually worked is nuts. They were spiraling when then n China Doll came back against Mizzou and lit them up.

Outside maybe Oregon, I am not sure who deserves to be slotted where in the top 10. What I do know is the Big 10 is piling up teams heading for some beatings. Penn State and Indiana should get worked by any true top 5 team. I would actually love to play either. Miami should also have 2 losses against a sh-t schedule. GA and Oregon are probably the best 2 teams with Ohio State close but not sold on Howard....

Don't look now but Deion may win 9-10 games in a really bad B12.

Arky is literally schitzo but you will get that with a green (talented) QB. Let's hope he has an off day with us but I would not hold your breath. Actually between Florida, Arky,m and Aggie we could be facing very similar profiles at QB, slight differences but all young, raw and we will have some film.....I wonder if Jelani could be a spy?

I am saddened by the lack of a breakout year by J. Cook, I thought we would see more carries for Gibson down the stretch, and I still which I could understand why J-Blue has not come of age after what we saw last year.

Next up a suddenly clicking Florida. That said, with our defense, and now some film on the true Fish we should be able to make life difficult on offense for them.

I said it in the last 3 games and looks like I should be used to it, we'll see what Quinn shows up. That will determine our fate.....

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.