ADVERTISEMENT

Receivers Next Year

Sheriff Brody

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2021
I couldn't find another thread on this, so I had a conversation with Bruce about the Receiver's for next season. I don't just mean WR, but the TEs as well. And getting anything out of Bruce other than “CHOMP, CHOMP” is hard. Anyway, exactly who can we count on to get open and to hang onto the ball NEXT YEAR? Who is going to be in the WR Room and TE Room that will help Ewers?

One thing that stood out to me is that 3 guys (Yeah 3) Whittington, Worthy, Sanders accounted for 57% of Catches and Yards and 100% of TDs. This does not include the RBs just the guys getting paid to catch the ball.

This Season

Jordan Whittington (50 catches/652 yards/1 TD) - Gone?

X Worthy (60/760/9) - where is his head?

Casey Cain (8/201/0)

Savion Red (6/34/0)

Jaden Alexis (0/0/0)

Brenen Thompson (1/32/0)

Isiah Neyor (hurt) - will he be ready and at 100% or close enough?

Those are the guys returning in the WR Room.

They accounted for 131 catches (53% total), 1745 yards (56%) and 10 TDs(46%). In other words, the WR accounted for half of the receiving production on offense. Kind of what you’d expect.

TEs on the other hand is just 3 guys, all in the same class...

JT Sanders (54/613/5) - can he take the next step to superstar-dom?

Juan Davis (5/44/0)

Gunnar Helm (3/38/0)

One guy accounted for the majority of the catches and yards

That leaves 5 incoming sets of hands to hopefully push everyone in front of them:

Johntay Cook - I hope he brings the Junk Yard Dog attitude with him and balls out.

Ryan Niblett

DeAndre Moore

William Randle - will he be ready physically, or does the staff give him the Redshirt Year to fully recover?

Spencer Shannon - probably the least talked about member of the 2023 Class.

All-in-all, it looks like we can really only hope for help for next season from the WR unless Duce Robinson decides to join the class. Only Cook is an early enrollee do that is not helping us.

Bruce says that real sharks bite when they are babes, so we better hope that Cook, Niblett and Moore are hungry and had their dental checkup come September this year.

Reactions: boywonder69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News