ADVERTISEMENT

Remembering TX/OK 2008

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
There we're a lot of big wins between '94 and '08. But 2008 was special. OK came into the game ranked #1 the press talked all about Sam Bradford and Bradford was a helluva qb but they made the mistake of ignoring Colt McCoy. It wasn't just a mistake it was a huge mistake.

Getting to the game we fell behind 14/3 but then Jordan Shipley took the kickoff 96 yards to the house. At that point I knew we would take over and win. Early in the 4th quarter OK was ahead 35/30. But after that TX took the lead for good. We totally dominated the 4th quarter against the nation's #1 ranked team. After that game we were ranked the #1 ranked team in the country and for the first time since 1984 TX was #1 in the regular season.

On that day Colt, Jordan, Quan, we're magnificent. As a matter of fact Jordan was a sooner killer throughout his career. On defense Sergio, and Brian were magnificent as well. I knew after that game he would win the Lombardi award which he did. What a fun team that was to watch. As hard as this may be to believe that team was over achievers especially in comparison to the '05 team. I mean Colt, Brian, and a maybe couple more were great athletes but the '05 team had a lot more. But that was such a fun team to watch. And it ended up the second best team in the MB era. That team came in ready, physically ready, to play a whole season and were mostly injury free that season. A bunch of teams in the Big XII states wanted to shoot down TX and voted for OK. But that team came back to win the Fiesta Bowl while OK lost the Orange Bowl. Oh btw

Final score
TX 45
OK 35.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT