ADVERTISEMENT

Roschon Johnson: Another boom!

I still think it will be interesting to see how things shake out with Johnson vs. Tisdale. If Tisdale is the real deal, I don't see the staff stopping recruiting him.

I gotta think Tisdale and Wease move on, but I bet Herman keeps stockpiling QB's.

I need some of you recruiting gurus to let me know when to start worrying about lack of O'line and D'line recruiting. Doesn't seem to be a lot of them on the radar.

Last edited:
Great,unlike Brown and Strong,Herman knows the value of having QBs and backups who can play with no drop-off.This has been an issue with Texas for years.He reminds me of James Brown on film for longhorn fans that go back that far.

Last edited:
I gotta think Tisdale and Wease move on, but I bet Herman keeps stockpiling QB's.

I need some of you recruiting gurus to let me know when to start worrying about lack of O'line and D'line recruiting. Doesn't seem to be a lot of them on the radar.

It is a down year in Texas for both sides of the line. Likely having to wait to see who blows up in their Senior year.

Well guys, I guess we can put to rest the argument that Tommy can't recruit as well as Charlie.

I am shocked by this 2018 class. These are the types of kids who win Nattys. DBU is coming back to the 40 with a roar.

I've been a Texas fan since 83 and I've never been more excited about the future of UT football than I am right now. I liked Charlie and was skeptical of the Tommy hire but Red was right. Charlie was not the guy for Texas, looks like Tommy is a home run hire.

Now if he can only coach on Saturdays we'll be back in the national picture.

As Longyac said, it is a down year in the state in the trenches.

We are after two solid DTs in Keondre Coburn and Bobby Brown. Both are interested in Alabama as well which is always tough competition but hopefully we can snag one of them.

Things are more bleak at DE. Off chance that we can get back in with Max Wright once the annual aggie dumpster fire is lit (though he seems to bleed maroon). Joseph Ossia is our next best bet, aggie lean but Texas has made up a lot of ground. Ronnie Perkins out of Missouri is also a long shot, OU lean, hasn't been to campus yet but would be a great get.

We will be okay on the OLine this year. Reese Moore is a project but has potential. We are looking good with Rafiti Ghirmia and Sione Angilau currently. Those 3 would make a nice O-line haul.

If we don't make strides this year, we have some much better options in 2019. We are already looking good with some of the top linemen for 2019 and a good season will probably lock us in with some of the top players.

Reactions: Oldmanastro
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT