ADVERTISEMENT

Saban comments on Texas, Sark, and Ewers…

HudsonBendHorn

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2007
“I think they have a lot of components in place that you need to be able to navigate the kind of season that you’re gonna play in the SEC. First of all, they have a really strong roster, they have lots of depth at most positions. Probably the only question they have is, who is going to be the other corner on their team. That’s the only question you would have on their entire team. Their offensive line is really good, he talked about the WR room and the talent they have there, Baxter and these RBs that they got are really, really good. I mean, when you look at this team, he plays the backup QB almost the whole spring game and he throws for 350 or whatever he throws for, they have a lot of good players with the right mindset.

If they can hold up and do what they need to do on defense, they’ve got a great offensive team, and enough good players on defense, but if they can just figure out that one corner position, because corners put a real limitation on what you can do on defense they’ll be really good. If you don’t have good corners, you can’t play a lot of man to man, you give up big plays. If that position comes through for them, that’s why I picked these guys to be one of the best teams in the league.”

Saban on Ewers and Sark:

“Quarterback is the hardest position to play if you don’t have good players around you. He has good players around him, and he is a good player. Also, the system he is in is good.

Playing against Sark, and this me as a defensive coach talking about it, was the hardest preparation we had all year long. Because of the multiple bunch sets, squeeze sets, unbalanced line, motions, adjustments, and they know how to apply that to what you do and how you play, and how to put the right player in the right position to make big plays. He did a phenomenal job for us when he was here, and the hardest preparation we had all season long defensively was when we played them early on last year.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News