ADVERTISEMENT

Sam

Hornsfan722

Sep 30, 2018
Weatherford
Everybody can say what they want about him but the kid is turning into a gamer. He is making his throws and being efficient with the ball and turning into a gamer!

He should never set foot on the field again. An emotional post with 2:38 to go.

He played a solid game & nobody is perfect. I was reminded in the official game thread that Sam is still just a sophomore. He's only going to improve with time and situational experience.
I noticed him running through progressions a lot more than in the past but our O-line also did an outstanding job minus the 2 of the last 3 possessions.
I haven't been super high on him but I am now. He's a gamer for sure.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
Even with that blown lead he carried himself as if to say don't worry I got this. And he did just that.
That’s when champions step up when the game is on the line in a rivalry game when your team has just blown a 21 point lead. He took the momentum blowU had and killed it with that game winning drive. I think we could have scored a td there if we needed too. Without those holding calls I think we run the clock out and win by 2 tds

Reactions: HornDrummer
Yep. I'd say he is right where he was supposed to be. Now if Coach will quit doing Running Back by committee, it'll even get better. I'd leave 26 in until he was stepping on his tongue and spell him with 5.

I thing Ingram may not be a good pass blocker or something to do with offense. He’s good but it has to be something.

I thing Ingram may not be a good pass blocker or something to do with offense. He’s good but it has to be something.
It appears that each week he is earning a little more playing time. People need to remember he was nursing an injury a couple of weeks ago so that could have had a little to do with lack of playing time last couple weeks before today.

It appears that each week he is earning a little more playing time. People need to remember he was nursing an injury a couple of weeks ago so that could have had a little to do with lack of playing time last couple weeks before today.

Think he got reinjured.

Nope. I've seen him repeatedly picking up blitzes and blocking excellent for Sam on the run. There's absolutely no reason he shouldn't be the starter, and carry the bulk of the load. Tom needs to wake up.

Sam played like I knew he could....

Nobody else is talking about this but I'll bring it up again

Sam passed major Applewhite for most passes without a int. How long has that record been around? He is protecting the ball and doing what he has to and not doing to much like last year. The kid is learning and growing up to be a gamer.

Sam played like I knew he could....

Nobody else is talking about this but I'll bring it up again

Sam passed major Applewhite for most passes without a int. How long has that record been around? He is protecting the ball and doing what he has to and not doing to much like last year. The kid is learning and growing up to be a gamer.

Everyone wants to see a VY or McCoy we need to relax.

Reactions: hookem777
We saw two things today that should make us stand up notice.....ok 3 things....Sam became a QB today....I dont mean the guy that takes the snaps...I mean THE GUY. I have been extremely down on Sam due to his horrible inaccuracy. Today under the brightest of lights he only threw one terrible pass. That is Colt McCoy territory....

Dicker became a Longhorn legend as a FRESHMAN today with one icewater veined 40 yd kick...It doesnt get any more pressured than that.....everything on the line and he booted it through like it was an extra point at practice(....and....it would have been good from 50)

And Ingram became THE running back. I dont blame the coaches for not featuring him early as he had never seen a game this big.....and who said he couldnt block?....He was picking up blitzes and flat out blasting when Sam was running.

I have to tell you I was nervous whenwe had that 21 pt lead with 10 minutes to go because ou can score damned quick

We now should have that swagger that tells anyone we dont give a shit who we play...THEY had better be ready because we damned sure will.

And last...when I knew we gonna win for sure was when Madcow started going ballistic about how bad we were.

by the way...I picked us to win by 2 TD's....that crow I was eating was because I have been so hard on Sam.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT