ADVERTISEMENT

Same 'ol Texans

I have zero dog in this fight. I do not root for any pro football team. Not since I saw first hand what the NFL game was about and how it turned players that I knew, that LOVED the college game of football, into "me first" money grabbers concerned only with what was good for them, not for the team.

I will watch pro football for the sheer enjoyment of seeing the best athletes on the planet perform--- but root for a team?

Nah man.

The NFL is getting worse. I have not watched any other game besides a Cowboy game in years. Most of it is watered down boring viewing.

The NFL is getting worse. I have not watched any other game besides a Cowboy game in years. Most of it is watered down boring viewing.

You mean you missed the WWF move from Hopkins?

The game last night was entertaining but yeah I agree most games can be boring.

I don't really get how that was unnecessary roughness....Hopkins wrapped him around the waist and couldn't pull him down so he turned and put him down...I don't get it

Reactions: Oldmanastro
Fresh, come on, man. That's over the top. I am having a laugh at the Texans expense. My post was really about how Texans fans talk nonstop trash about the Cowboys and obsess over them. Just kicking them a little, lol. You, nor anyone should take what I posted personally, and it isn't meant to be personal towards anyone on here. I consider us all sort of family in a way. I think that we can razz each other and it not be personal.

On to next week!

Hook'em!
I hear ya and agree 100%. The problem with msg board razzing is that other than ALL CAPS we really can't project the tone of the ribbing.
Hell, I just read my posts again and I come off seriously butt hurt when in reality I was only slightly butt hurt.

I'm sure in person this whole conversation comes off quite a bit different.........and much more colorful on my end.

Make fun of all things Texans, no problem. Tease me for being politically opposed to 99% of Longhorns, tease me for my love of God & guns, tease me for being oilfield trash, Kick my sister, sleep with my dogs, make fun of my way of life because none of that bothers me but never, never, never call me aggy.
That sir, is fightin' words.

We're all good MM.

Being Dallas born and bred I agree, anything Houston has always been considered the ugly underachieving stepchild . I don’t even watch pro ball anymore but it sounds like that’s still the case.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Being Dallas born and bred I agree, anything Houston has always been considered the ugly underachieving stepchild . I don’t even watch pro ball anymore but it sounds like that’s still the case.
Maybe in football but not baseball anymore :)
Oh and basketball.

Missed that, haha.

I didn't watch a second of the Super Bowl last year. I can't remember the last Super Bowl I watched in its entirety. NFL, to me, is awful. I watch the Cowboys because I have a vested interest.

Reactions: freeper
Oh man! I was a wee guy when I went to my first Oilers game with my dad. I’ll never forget it or the Astrodome.

Does any NFL team still have a song? I’ve been to a cowboy game but don’t remember if they had one.

Oh man! I was a wee guy when I went to my first Oilers game with my dad. I’ll never forget it or the Astrodome.

Does any NFL team still have a song? I’ve been to a cowboy game but don’t remember if they had one.

The Redskins still have their own band and plays "Hail to the Redskins" at games. I miss the 'ol "Houston Oilers number one" song. The town went nuts over the Luv Ya Blue era. Good times.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
I fondly remember watching that wonderful Oilers/Bill's game in January of 1993....left on a flight with the Oilers being up 28-3 at the half......landed in Vegas and remember the Taxi driver asking me if I got to see that awesome playoff game....where Buffalo came back from 35-3 to win. I thought he was just messing with me until I got to my room and turned on the tv.....couldn't believe it. I thought to myself.....if this isnt the Aggiest thing I have ever seen.....

With the burnt orange in my veins I try to follow the 49ers. You don't often see a horn with a big time coaching job and because of that I want to see Kyle Shanahan succeed.

I also look up the box scores to see how former horns are doing. I especially do this with Justin Tucker who might just end up being the greatest kicker of all time. I'm serious when I say that. Poona Ford and Michael Dickson are also doing well. Not to long ago there was a TX Longhorn starting for every SB champion.

And yes I watch the SB. People pay 4.5.mil for 30 seconds of advertising. If people are going to pay that much hell yeah I'll watch.

I fondly remember watching that wonderful Oilers/Bill's game in January of 1993....left on a flight with the Oilers being up 28-3 at the half......landed in Vegas and remember the Taxi driver asking me if I got to see that awesome playoff game....where Buffalo came back from 35-3 to win. I thought he was just messing with me until I got to my room and turned on the tv.....couldn't believe it. I thought to myself.....if this isnt the Aggiest thing I have ever seen.....

During the Warren Moon era the Oilers wouldn't just lose in the playoffs they would lose in spectacular fashion. I couldn't take it anyone and for a long time I just couldn't watch the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT