ADVERTISEMENT

Sark Fired from USC ?

Showing up drunk and using profanities at an alumni function coupled with not winning games is just too much fail to keep your job. Especially when you are a preseason top 10 team.

The PAC is pretty tough this year. I never bought into Sark nor did I think USC would be that great this year.

The PAC is pretty tough this year. I never bought into Sark nor did I think USC would be that great this year.
The pollsters did.
I think they are living off or reputation like we did a couple of years ago.

Dude has a problem. It would be easy to tee him up and makes jokes all the live long day about this low hanging fruit of a story, but I feel for the guy. I damn near lost one of my closest friends to booze after his wife died. We don't know what his ghosts are. That doesn't excuse his actions by any means. He has access to ANY treatment program he wants. Literally. He needs to sit out the year, spend his time in a bad ass treatment facility, get right with God, conquer this beast, and then come back to usc and pick up where he left off.

Reactions: txn_in_wa
Just got his pink slip! Wonder if they'll go after Sumlin...
yea, I bet they figure to go ahead and cut the cord now.

USC has fired head coach Steve Sarkisian, the school announced Monday.

"After careful consideration of what is in the best interest of the university and our student-athletes, I have made the decision to terminate Steve Sarkisian, effective immediately," USC athletic director Pat Haden said in a statement.

"I want to thank Clay Helton for stepping into the interim head coach role, and I want to add how proud I am of our coaching staff and players and the way they are responding to this difficult situation.

"Through all of this we remain concerned for Steve and hope that it will give him the opportunity to focus on his personal well being."

On Sunday, Sarkisian was asked to take a leave of absence

If they do and he sticks with Aggy which leads to another raise, he'll need to write them a Thank You note. lol

Why would USC hire a coach with zero conference championships?

Don't feel sorry for him. He's a mental midget, guy gets paid 4-5 million a year and goes around acting like a cry baby. Hopefully USC suffers a downturn, as we play them in a couple years. Otherwise nothing against USC.

Chip Kelly to USC if he gets fired from Philly?
They can't wait until then, can they? With no recruiting for 3 months, they'll get killed. If I was a USC alum, I'd be ticked - they had to wait out all of the sanctions from Reggie Bush, and now that they have a full quota of scholly's, the brand is still hot, etc. they have to put up with this nonsense.

They can't wait until then, can they? With no recruiting for 3 months, they'll get killed. If I was a USC alum, I'd be ticked - they had to wait out all of the sanctions from Reggie Bush, and now that they have a full quota of scholly's, the brand is still hot, etc. they have to put up with this nonsense.

Good point. When you look at it that way, the timing IS really difficult. I mean, if the guy was a mess then what can you do but hope he deals with his demons and do what you need to do for the program, but recruits will want to know who they're committing to play under ASAP and I don't think there are many desirable coaches who are available until after the college season ends. Waiting for the NFL season to end could write off this recruiting class.

While I understand firing the coach I think the AD should also be fired.
I'm with you. He's always rubbed me as a little "holier than thou." He previously went on the sidelines to intimidate the refs in a game. Now Haden knew of the previous drunken episode in front of the alums. At that point, you would think he would have someone watching Sark full time; and yet Haden allegedly didn't know about Sark allegedly being drunk at the game. A lot of allegedlys.

Haden will screw up this hire just like he did the last two. He is a low class prick, reminds me of another AD at another Blue Blood school.

Reactions: diadevic
Haden isn't far behind. Very doubtful he's back next year. Very little accomplished in football and looks like the basketball hire isn't working either.

42377.jpg

USC next football coach. Jackie Moon!

Reactions: westx
Hopefully Haden and USC will get Sark involved in some kind of treatment program. Dude's got problems.

Agreed. This is a bigger issue than the media is making it out to be. He's clearly got problems with alcohol. Sometime it's just to hard to get off the sauce. And your always looking forward to the day being over, just to repeat it all over again the next day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT