ADVERTISEMENT

SEC 2024

Hoookem722

Nov 23, 2019
Well it looks like we are for sure headed to the SEC in 24. Looks like the buyout is 100 million combined between both schools. That’s all the details I’m seeing as of now.

Reactions: hookem777
Knew a deal would get done. There was literately no reason not to let Texas go other than spite.

Although the fact that we have to pay the same amount we would have had to pay 2 years ago is BS. Should have just left 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Knew a deal would get done. There was literately no reason not to let Texas go other than spite.

Although the fact that we have to pay the same amount we would have had to pay 2 years ago is BS. Should have just left 2 years ago.
2 years ago might have hurt recruiting. We would have been bad.

I hate being right. Would like a longer runway but...... here we go.

I knew this would be our last season in the Big XII. And really it's best for the rest of the Big XII.

Our schedule in 2024 is going to be fvcking BRUTAL.
We don't know that yet they haven't announced our schedule or what pod were going to be in or were going to play.

MI? Let me give you something to think about. Jim Harbaugh has never won the big game. Not when he was with the 49ers and he is 0/4 P6 bowl games at MI.

Wth if someone like Sonny Dykes can outcoach Harbaugh surely Sarkisian can do it to.

We might have a hard schedule but I think the team sets up nice for 2024. It will be the third year from our #5 ranked class and the second year for our #3 ranked class. The youngins should be grown by then.

Is it true we have Michigan 2024..Ohio state 2025,2026, and then Michigan again in 2027?

We don't know that yet they haven't announced our schedule or what pod were going to be in or were going to play.

MI? Let me give you something to think about. Jim Harbaugh has never won the big game. Not when he was with the 49ers and he is 0/4 P6 bowl games at MI.

Wth if someone like Sonny Dykes can outcoach Harbaugh surely Sarkisian can do it to.
I'm betting it looks like this-

Michigan
OU
LSU
BAMA
Georgia
Aggy

Well, that and the CONTRACT YOU SIGNED. Those pesky little legal details.

If the Big 12 had hired the current commissioner rather than Blowsby, we'd still be the Big 12 (including Colorado, Nebraska, Mizzou and ATM). This guy has got it going on.

I would love for this game to be on Thanksgiving again but that may be asking too much.
I don’t care to play them ever again. In their minds, they know we will always be better in every way imaginable and that’s better than any game we may or may not play. Rent free.

I'm betting it looks like this-

Michigan
OU
LSU
BAMA
Georgia
Aggy
There's no way we play Bama, Georgia and LSU in the same season. They will all be in different pods and the odds of us drawing all 3 of LSU, Bama, and Georgia in the same year are slim to none. Our 3 locked in games will be A&M, Arkansas, and OU.

I don't even think Bama and Georgia have played each other outside of the conference championship in 3 to 4 years.

This wouldn't be bad if this was our division. Then we'd only play 2 teams from the other division every year. I'd be ok with this for sure. That wouldn't be bad at all. Gonna be fun to see if they decide on divisions or pods. Either way this is gonna fun!

This new commish knew we were free agents in 2025 so might as well get something while B12 still can. Makes sense to me.

Also, I doubt 1 single red cent of 50mil is coming out of UT or OUs pocket. The networks are likely paying the tab.

If the Big 12 had hired the current commissioner rather than Blowsby, we'd still be the Big 12 (including Colorado, Nebraska, Mizzou and ATM). This guy has got it going on.
I agree with you on Yormark.

An extended playoffs
Big XII basketball prowess
TCU making it to the title game
A much better tv package
The Big XII is in good hands

After 2010 the Big XII went 6 years without a title. Looking back that was a disaster. In 2014 Baylor and TCU should have played in the title game. But there wasn't and both teams got left out of the playoffs. And only now has Big XII fb recovered.

I see TCU and TT as the dominant teams in the new Big XII. This is going to work out for everybody.

As far as the contract Texas and OU are paying the early exit fee stipulated in the contract. So I’m not sure what the contract has to do with anything.

I agree that the Big 12 probably wouldn’t be where it is if someone other than Bowlsby would of been commissioner

As far as the contract Texas and OU are paying the early exit fee stipulated in the contract. So I’m not sure what the contract has to do with anything.

I agree that the Big 12 probably wouldn’t be where it is if someone other than Bowlsby would of been commissioner
Your quote: There was literately no reason not to let Texas go other than spite.

The contract was EVERYTHING. Otherwise they would've left before now, and certainly without paying these enormous fees. Now that UT and OU have decided to pay the early exit fee "stipulated in the contract" - the agreement has been fulfilled and the deal is done. No one was holding them up out of "spite".

At least we agree on Blowsby. Nothing drives me crazier than seeing a bureaucrat collect $4 million/year to do a sh*tty job. His only job was to keep tabs on UT and OU - and evidently he got caught off guard by their departure. At least the new guy is on the ball.

Your quote: There was literately no reason not to let Texas go other than spite.

The contract was EVERYTHING. Otherwise they would've left before now, and certainly without paying these enormous fees. Now that UT and OU have decided to pay the early exit fee "stipulated in the contract" - the agreement has been fulfilled and the deal is done. No one was holding them up out of "spite".

At least we agree on Blowsby. Nothing drives me crazier than seeing a bureaucrat collect $4 million/year to do a sh*tty job. His only job was to keep tabs on UT and OU - and evidently he got caught off guard by their departure. At least the new guy is on the ball.
Nothing like Sublett contradicting himself

• Haha
Reactions: diadevic

If Texas and OU wanted to make it ugly and fight and not play, refuse to psy and drag it though courts and all that.They probably could have. The contracts really don’t mean much

It’s funny how much the big 12 obsessed over the contract all the while getting their new additions two years earlier than they were supposed too lol .

And as far as my comment regarding there being no reason not to let us go. The big 12 has its new teams in place, they have their new TV deal in place there was no reason for the sides not to come to an agreement and move on.

Last edited:
I’m not looking forward to the SEC move. It’s not the competition that concerns me - we’re going to be fine there. So will OU.

It’s the fans. A bunch of fake tough guys. We are not like those people. And I don’t want to become like them.

I hope I’m wrong and just have the wrong impression of SEC fans, but it just doesn’t feel like the right cultural fit for Texas.

If Texas and OU wanted to make it ugly and fight and not play, refuse to psy and drag it though courts and all that.They probably could have. The contracts really don’t mean much

It’s funny how much the big 12 obsessed over the contract all the while getting their new additions two years earlier than they were supposed too lol .

And as far as my comment regarding there being no reason not to let us go. The big 12 has its new teams in place, they have their new TV deal in place there was no reason for the sides not to come to an agreement and move on.
“The contracts really don’t mean much.” Hahahaha. So why write a $100 million check? They could’ve used that money to make sure Rodney Terry doesn’t take another job at the end year (tongue in cheek). Enjoy your basketball Saturday - I love this time of year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT