ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Recruiting Director on Longhorns 2025 Commits and Targets ...

Alex Dunlap

Any Updates on Desmond Harrison?
Staff
Jan 18, 2005
Travis Settlement, TX
SPONSORED BY MYPERFECTFRANCHISE.NET
Are you…
  • Ready to leave the corporate Rat Race for the American Dream?
  • Looking for a side hustle while working your current job?
  • Wanting to diversify, build wealth, and/or leave a legacy?
Andy can help!!!
Andy is a franchise consultant (as well as franchise owner) and helps people find franchises that fit their skill sets, financial requirements, time to commit and more….
His services are 100% free and he’s here to help if you have any questions about business ownership.
image_from_ios.jpg

Learn more about Andy and franchise ownership through these resources:
Andy's Story
Why a Franchise
Service Based vs Brick and Mortar
Semi Absentee Ownership
The Process and How It works

Andy Luedecke
www.MyPerfectFranchise.Net
p: 404-973-9901
e: andy@myperfectfranchise.net
Book time with me at: Andy's Calendar

Spoke with an SEC recruiting director today about some Texas commits from the 2025 class as well as some of the targets they are still after in order to get an outside perspective. These are only the opinions of one personnel man in the conference, but could lend a little insight into how someone outside the Texas bubble views things:

Dakorien Moore
- "What do you want me to say? You've watched him right? He's really f-ing good; he's a freak, but Kaliq Lockett is the best WR in Texas. Just his size and the length he brings and how he owns the catch point. (Lockett) is playing with less around him (than Moore has at Duncanville). If he had a Keelon Russell(Duncanville QB) throwing him the football, it would be a whole different story."

James Simon - "He's a good player. He's similar to the Buford back (Justin Baker from Buford, GA who committed to Tennessee). I will say that I could rattle off 12 players at that position that Texas could have easily had that I would prefer over (Simon), there are better guys that they could have gotten, but he's big and thick and strong and sometimes you just look for a prototype of player to fit along with the dudes you've got. A new skill set. He moves OK, my question is .. he's tapped out right now, he's not going to be a guy you want to grow into something new body-wise, so he moves OK, but will he ever be the type that really create on his own? Again, it's something stylistically they were looking at with him, and that might not even be their vision for his role."

Rickey Stewart - "Very straight-line speed-wise and wiry. He's going to be a guy who needs to get used to living in Austin coming from the circumstances he came from. If he can put on strength, he could be a difference-maker but he's not a Day 1 dude. I honestly thought SMU would have been a good fit for him."

Jordan Coleman - "He's an NFL draft guy at guard, he'll be a draft guy. I really, really like him. He's a big, thick sonofab-tch but he bends extremely well. I've been to his games and seeing him live he's surprisingly athletic. He's underrated. He's nimble, he can play all five spots, but there are a few reasons that he's not what you want at tackle (at the college level). We were looking at him at guard and center, don't forget he can play center. Devin Coleman is a true nose tackle. Excellent run-stuffer, we liked him best there. We weren't the only ones, either. He's a true nose. Could he be athletic enough to play guard? I think he probably can be, but Jordan is the more athletic of the two. They are twins and probably listed at close to the same size, but Devin is a little smaller, a little shorter and definitely has shorter arms. Just not as athletic. We were willing to offer both in order to get them as a package, but we felt a lot better about Jordan."

Lance Jackson - "We were never really in on him but it's got to be a tough decision whether to play him at TE or at DE. That's not some gadget stuff with him (on offense at tight end). That's some real sh-t. That's a real tight end, a weapon."

Michael Fasusi - "The best high school OL I've ever evaluated. He's that good. There's one 2026 kid Jackson Cantwell (from Missouri) who might come close, but you just have to turn on the tape, you just have to watch him and know that he's just now getting started. The way he moves is elite, effortless sh-t. Can't-teach-it-stuff. I mean, 84 inch wingspan, 36 inch arms, 6-5, 280 pounds and he runs a 4.8 40? A 28 inch vertical, and a 4.5-second shuttle. Just crazy, he's as clean as they come and that's before you tack on the upside he brings."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News