ADVERTISEMENT

SEC will be tougher than expected

westx

Dec 6, 2009
I don’t know or care if this article is out of context, but we fans need to be ready. The difference in the SEC vs B12 is that there are bigger and stronger and faster opponents week in and week out. It will be a grind. Hope Quinn isn’t underestimating the long season ahead. Even the not so good teams have these players who can cause havoc. I think we lose 3. I don’t care if we lose to aggy as long as we don’t lose to blowu.

• Wow
Reactions: Crimson_Warrior
I don’t know or care if this article is out of context, but we fans need to be ready. The difference in the SEC vs B12 is that there are bigger and stronger and faster opponents week in and week out. It will be a grind. Hope Quinn isn’t underestimating the long season ahead. Even the not so good teams have these players who can cause havoc. I think we lose 3. I don’t care if we lose to aggy as long as we don’t lose to blowu.
SEC CHAMP YEAR ONE

Look at our SEC schedule this year. In order
MSS they had a losing record last and have a first year coach
OK a team that can beat us
GA the best team well play this year
Vanderbilt Texas losing to Vanderbilt? You can't be serious.
FL had a losing record and a coach who is skating on thin ice
AR had a losing record
KY barely qualified for a bowl and promptly lost.
A&M win
I see our team and our SEC schedule and the only teams that can beat us are OK and GA. The rest are average. We didn't play LSU, AL, or TN. Our schedule isn't that tough.

Reactions: TX1972
AR had a losing record
A&M win
I see our team and our SEC schedule and the only teams that can beat us are OK and GA. The rest are average. We didn't play LSU, AL, or TN. Our schedule isn't that tough.
AR had a losing record
A&M win
Sark know what it takes to be successful in the league. Building depth and maintaining it is a huge key. Texas has the big guys in trenches and are skilled at positions beyond that everything just has to gel together. But westx is speaking facts those lower tier teams are very physical. A few examples, that same Georgia team that beat TCU went to Kentucky and was held to 16pts. The final was 16-6. Vandy went into Kentucky as well and beat 24-21. This past season Arkansas and State both went 1-7 in conference, but vs LSU 31-34, vs Ole Miss 20-27, vs Bama 21-24 but vs State 3-7. State beat Arizona the same amount of points as Washington did.

AR had a losing record
A&M win
We still don't have the depth experience to play a full season in the SEC and be a contender- if we have some injuries.

It's going to take a couple of years to get that. But if we stay healthy- we can make some serious noise this year.

We still don't have the depth experience to play a full season in the SEC and be a contender- if we have some injuries.

It's going to take a couple of years to get that. But if we stay healthy- we can make some serious noise this year.

This.

Injuries or lack thereof will define a season. Texas starters are good enough to compete, but it's going to be the 2 and 3 deep line play that will likely tell the story. (IMO)

And I love the arguments about the teams with losing records. You realize it's the schedule that causes the records.

Reactions: SOUTHSWAMP
This.

Injuries or lack thereof will define a season. Texas starters are good enough to compete, but it's going to be the 2 and 3 deep line play that will likely tell the story. (IMO)

And I love the arguments about the teams with losing records. You realize it's the schedule that causes the records.
We are weak at DT and in the secondary. The secondary is young and not proven but it's not my biggest worry. We are weak up the middle and we will get pounded inside. Texas is going to have to score a lot and often to contend.

We are weak at DT and in the secondary. The secondary is young and not proven but it's not my biggest worry. We are weak up the middle and we will get pounded inside. Texas is going to have to score a lot and often to contend.
We can beat anybody. I guess my point, above all, is the week in and week out grind of the SEC. It isn’t just get up for aggy and ou. It means get up for every freaking week. Texas isn’t used to that. It is a mental game now. I am disappointed in Quinn’s choice of words. I won’t let him off the hook anymore. He is a damn junior. You only say fighting words when, well, there is a damn fight. James Brown’s fighting words to Nebraska were “ FU, we ain’t fcking laying down for you”. Quinns was a lame blanket worthless statement. I am a Quinn fan and apologist, but not for this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT