ADVERTISEMENT

Serious Horse Racing Handicappers Only - Kentucky Derby Thread

skymall22

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Plano, Texas
OK, are there any other serious handicappers on OB?

Here are my picks for the 150th running of the Kentucky Derby today:

A lot of speed in this race but there are 2 closers that have legitimate shots at hitting the board although I don't think anyone catches #17 Fierceness. Did he kick ass in that last Florida Derby or what? He simply won't run under a 99 Beyer or better, really hard to beat.

The two closers in this race are # 2 Sierra Leone and # 14 Endlessly. I like both of these horses and could easily see them finishing 2nd and 3rd after Fierceness. In fact, that will be one of my bets today, Exacta Wheel #17 over 2 & 14.

Other horses I like today to possibly hit the board are #1, #8, #11 & #12. I'll mix and match those in some Trifectas and some Superfectas. Always remember to bet some Superfectas on the Kentucky Derby because of the 20 horse field, its not uncommon for a $.10 Superfecta to pay out $100+. Of course here in Texas of all places, we still can't place a horse bet online so I'll have to drive over to Lonestar to place my bet this afternoon before cranking out some Mint Juleps later. One of my favorite days of the year in case you can't tell!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News