ADVERTISEMENT

Shaka is getting Smart(er)

Unfortunately, I think he is saving his job.

Yep, if he makes the tournament (which it looks like he will) I think he stays. For me the goal for a Texas basketball program should me to make the tournament every year and make a run in it every 3 or 4 years.

Reactions: HornsRuleU
On the one hand - that's an 8-9 OU team they beat. On the other - there are some outstanding athletes on this team. Hamm is a stud. The guards are all quick as cats. They have length, athleticism, just about any attribute you would want. Imagine if a John Beilein or someone of his ilk were to take over this crew next year.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Just remember one thing about this John Bielein fella. 6 years ago with Kirk Bohls leading the way a lot of people including people on this board were saying that Shaka Smart would be a perfect fit. You know that old saying be careful what you wish for you just might get it? That especially holds true in coaching even more so at the University of Texas.

One last thing we did beat the mighty High Point Panthers don't you people realize what a big feather in our cap that will be on selection Sunday?

Shaka isn't getting any smarter . . . his players are. I watched the whole 2nd half, athletically speaking Texas should have beat Blow U by 20. Poor coaching made that a close game. OU is not a good team.

Just remember one thing about this John Bielein fella. 6 years ago with Kirk Bohls leading the way a lot of people including people on this board were saying that Shaka Smart would be a perfect fit. You know that old saying be careful what you wish for you just might get it? That especially holds true in coaching even more so at the University of Texas.

I hear you, but Beilein has proven himself at two power-conference programs. Assuming he would still be motivated at age 67, he'd a great hire for a few years.

Alas, the discussion is moot, because Shaka will be back for year six.

No one wants another NIT championship...

They'd better win a couple games in the Big 12. I'm not sure they can do that. They'll have to beat Texas Tech again, and then beat Kansas (or the winner of OSU/ISU, if they somehow manage to beat KU).

Or maybe just beating TT will put them in, since it's Texas?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT