ADVERTISEMENT

Shocker of The Year

That doesn't sound like much of a shocker. There are good players on both teams and Texas players may see this as their "bowl game" since they aren't likely to see a real one.
I am quietly confident but still very much concerned about this game.

If we keep it within 6 that will show me signs of a pulse. That will show me some heart. That's a sign of improvement over last weekend.

I think this texas team is dead in the water BUT, its a rivalry game. Last time I got all big headed and thought OU would blow them out, case mccoy happened. So, as an OU fan i'd be happy with a 1 point victory and 5-0 record. But rivalry games turn into scrappy fights so I wouldnt be surprised if texas woke up and played hard saturday.

Reactions: Fizzwilly
I think this texas team is dead in the water BUT, its a rivalry game. Last time I got all big headed and thought OU would blow them out, case mccoy happened. So, as an OU fan i'd be happy with a 1 point victory and 5-0 record. But rivalry games turn into scrappy fights so I wouldnt be surprised if texas woke up and played hard saturday.
Highly unlikely!

Texas will give OU all they want come Saturday. That's what I know
not what I heard.

Interesting stat from the ESPN article posted by blh. Since 1989, unranked Texas teams are 5-2 against ranked OU teams.

I don't think we have much of a chance, but that stat pretty much sums up this rivalry.

I wouldn't be schocked if we won this game. We're a couple of stupid special teams plays away from being 3-2 instead of 1-4. So this team is clearly capable of playing good football.

If you really want to of out on a limb this is more like it. Texas makes a bowl game.

Wins against OU, KU, Iowa state, tech and either k state or WVU. Now I admit that it probably won't happen but if you really want to step out there. There ya go

If Oklahoma comes out and takes Texas lightly and lets Texas stay in the game til the 4th quarter then Texas has a fighting chance. If Oklahoma jumps out to a early lead, this team will fold like a paper plane.

Oklahoma 55
Texas 3

Texas has no chance -- the players have no pride.

The players and staff don't hate Chokie as much as the fans do. Yet the OU goons (players and fans) still hate and loathe us for our network, so they want to embarrass us every chance they get. They come to destroy while we come just to play.

It'll be yet another rout. Mack Brown or not.

Unless the players find some kind of hate for those inbred pieces of sh@t.

Exhibit A ^

See the difference between aggy and chokie is that aggy was openly hurt and couldnt hold it in so they left the conference, while chokie held their anger in and took it out on the field against Texas. Butthurt is bitch LOL

If Oklahoma comes out and takes Texas lightly and lets Texas stay in the game til the 4th quarter then Texas has a fighting chance. If Oklahoma jumps out to a early lead, this team will fold like a paper plane.

Oklahoma 55
Texas 3
You need something stronger than alcohol.

This will be a much closer game than the spread. I could see it coming down to the 4th Quarter with OU ahead by a FG and get a TD midway thru to wind up winning by 10. I don't project a blowout here at all. Texas will come to play this weekend and a win could turn their season around and get them bowling at the end.

This will be a much closer game than the spread. I could see it coming down to the 4th Quarter with OU ahead by a FG and get a TD midway thru to wind up winning by 10. I don't project a blowout here at all. Texas will come to play this weekend and a win could turn their season around and get them bowling at the end.

OK, I'll play sunshine pumper here. Maybe 50-7 last week was one of those perfect storm events, like say USC-OU 55-19, where 1 team could do no wrong, and the other could do no right. So now at 1-4, we've been slaughtered by 2 teams who were playoff caliber in August (TCU, ND), and 2 close calls against borderline top20-25 teams (Cal, OSU). Well, OU started the season at #19 and is now #9. Do you believe the Sooners are closer to playoff level or the edge of the rankings? If the latter, maybe, just maybe this might be a decent game. It's the only hope out there.

Texas will take Oklahoma to the final minutes of the game before the winner is decided.

Oklahoma 37 Texas 31
I agree....wouldn't surprise me if Texas didn't lead going into the 4th Q.......Texas should cover the spread easily but I like OU by 3 pts.....not anything like the TCU game last week...........

Well boys, I'll be down at my fav waterhole in north Phoenix on Saturday called the Sandbar. And yes, the outdoor areas are covered in sand and its kinda a beach theme there.

The hot gal bartenders are almost naked and they all have huge tracks of land(Monty Python boob reference). And that comes in handy when you can't stand to watch UT stink it up anymore . . . just order a Bud, avert your eyes from the game and watch the gal bend over and serve it to you! Takes the sting out a little.

I'm betting I'll do that a lot this Saturday. 48 - 21 OU. And yes, OU still sux . . . and UT still doesn't make a field goal. Hell, we'll probably kiss an XP to . . . 48 - 20!

On a serious note, I don't think we're that far away from being a good team. I expect to see a turn on defense fairly soon. Offense is gonna take a little longer.

My 2 cents

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT