ADVERTISEMENT

Shouldn't Every Player Try the Portal?

csetherhorn

My thesis is simple…Your network is your power
Gold Member
Jan 22, 2008
FWTX
As much as this is disgusting me - it's not going away so guess we have to get used to it. It makes me sad and sick to think the era of having a player 3-4 years and develop into a better player and/or become a fan favorite is probably gone now that it's going to be highest bidder.

But shouldn't every player at least try the Portal? I certainly don't want that but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if players like Bijan or Xavier or anyone else didn't at least dip their toe in it to see what their value might be on the open market...I want to puke...maybe with all the tampering (allegedly) recently going on with players and teams then they can just skip the Portal until a decision has been reached and money has been transferred.

I'd love for Bijan to finish next season and go high in draft...but don't you think he's at least tempted to see what a team (Bama, GA) might offer him...and oh btw they have amazing offensive lines - so it could immediately benefit his wallet and potentially his draft status

Wouldn't be the leat bit surprised to see Xavier play for Texas next season but if it doesn't go as expected and Horns are meh on offense and record...no doubt he'd jump to Bama or ou or USC or anyone who has a dynamic offense...oh and a ton of casssssshhhh!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News