ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Texas Kids Football Camp - couple recruiting notes

rgvsarrman88

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2005
Took my 8 year old to the Texas kids football camp today. It was very well organized and so much fun for the kids. We got to say hello and talk to a few players, coaches and staff members. Very few parents or kids recognized the coaches, so they were easy to approach.

- RB Coach Choice: got the kids’ attention by telling them that he played for the Dallas Cowboys. Said his room is stacked. Considers Ricky Stewart a slightly less quick version of Keilan Robinson, but probably just as fast as Keilan. Said Simon reminds him very much of Jonathan Brooks.

- WR Coach Jackson: was very gracious and took photos with my son and my son’s friend. Told him we’re excited to see the WR room this year and I mentioned Bond, and he said “don’t sleep on Golden.” Then he said “from now on my room will always be stacked.”

- A member of the recruiting team started talking to me toward the end of camp. He found it interesting that I knew so much about recruiting. I told him I live on OBs and watch the On3 and IT podcasts. He said they’re very excited about DE Jackson.

However, he said that when I asked him about DT recruiting. So he kind of avoided the question. I asked again and he said, “we’re hosting alot of DTs this month so we’ll see how it goes.” Didn’t seem very confident or at least not sure of who they’re getting.

I asked him about WRs and he said “everyone wants to play with arch. We probably get Moore, Pfrench, Locket and Marsh.” I told him that the quotes Marsh has given to OB make him sound lukewarm on Texas, to which he replied “don’t believe everything you read online.”

- David Gbenda was out there most of the time and Ant Hill showed up at the end. Ant looks young and strong, but not as big as I’d thought. He was very nice to the kids.

Gbenda was super nice to the kids. He danced with them, encouraged them and went up to a kid when the kid was crying that he didn’t get to score a td. He told him “did you play good Defense? I’m a LB and I don’t score but I play good D. I bet you’re like me.” And the kid cheered right up.

My son now says his favorite player is Gbenda. I wished him luck and told him we’re hoping that he has a huge season.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News