ADVERTISEMENT

Signing day

Interesting watch.

What I saw:

He's quick as a cat. He's playing against inferior talent that is slow afoot- amd it's obvious his coach would flip flop him around depending on what team they were playing agianst- thus giving him a matchup with the slower of the 2 tackles in order to create a HUGE mismatch in speed .
He is SO quick in fact- that he's able to actually make contact with many Olineman before they are able to get out of their pre-snap stance. Think of it like this-- if you were sitting on the toilet and I was standing in front of you and every time you tried to get off the toilet I just shoved you in the chest- you'd never be able to get off the toilet. That's what this kid does. It's a hell of an advantage---- NOW. He won't have that advantage in college. He is able to utilize his speed and thus mask his (possible) upper body strength deficiencies. Based on what I'm seeing, I'd bet he's around a 300-310 bencher. Obviously he'll improve that. But he needs to get to 4 bills pronto.
His COG is incredibly low. Like- around his ankles. This gives him great balance and is essential in his ability to rush the passer. I'd also be curious to know his shoe size. I know that may sound silly, but if you've got big feet and are still fast-- you're a weapon. It's really hard to knock those guys down-- good balance, low center of gravity and big feet, coupled with speed-- that's dangerous.

Reactions: westx
Interesting watch.

What I saw:

He's quick as a cat. He's playing against inferior talent that is slow afoot- amd it's obvious his coach would flip flop him around depending on what team they were playing agianst- thus giving him a matchup with the slower of the 2 tackles in order to create a HUGE mismatch in speed .
He is SO quick in fact- that he's able to actually make contact with many Olineman before they are able to get out of their pre-snap stance. Think of it like this-- if you were sitting on the toilet and I was standing in front of you and every time you tried to get off the toilet I just shoved you in the chest- you'd never be able to get off the toilet. That's what this kid does. It's a hell of an advantage---- NOW. He won't have that advantage in college. He is able to utilize his speed and thus mask his (possible) upper body strength deficiencies. Based on what I'm seeing, I'd bet he's around a 300-310 bencher. Obviously he'll improve that. But he needs to get to 4 bills pronto.
His COG is incredibly low. Like- around his ankles. This gives him great balance and is essential in his ability to rush the passer. I'd also be curious to know his shoe size. I know that may sound silly, but if you've got big feet and are still fast-- you're a weapon. It's really hard to knock those guys down-- good balance, low center of gravity and big feet, coupled with speed-- that's dangerous.
6A schools around DFW are the best high school competition in the country.

Reactions: weevilcatch
6A schools around DFW are the best high school competition in the country.
Oh there's no questioning that. Collectively-- yes they are.

But what I want to know is-- how many times (throughout all the games they played) was he matched up consistently against a D1 tackle.
That's an interesting question. Because if you're a "book-end" style defensive end, your HS coach says "you're playing on THIS side of the line and not moving" thus forcing the offense to make an adjustment, run away from you, and it makes calling plays against an offense easier.
"Well, they ain't gonna run at my best guy"--- sort of mindset.

But he's being moved all over. Which tells me the coach is thinking "I'm going to find the weakest guy on the Oline, line my stud up across from him, and just punish that offensive lineman all night long."

That's what I would do. Screw that best on best at the HS level. I'll take the guy that is "good enough" to get the job done and I'll put him on their best blocker. Then I'll take my Ferarri and put him up against their jalopy and let my Ferarri run wild.

Reactions: txleapd
Oh there's no questioning that. Collectively-- yes they are.

But what I want to know is-- how many times (throughout all the games they played) was he matched up consistently against a D1 tackle.
That's an interesting question. Because if you're a "book-end" style defensive end, your HS coach says "you're playing on THIS side of the line and not moving" thus forcing the offense to make an adjustment, run away from you, and it makes calling plays against an offense easier.
"Well, they ain't gonna run at my best guy"--- sort of mindset.

But he's being moved all over. Which tells me the coach is thinking "I'm going to find the weakest guy on the Oline, line my stud up across from him, and just punish that offensive lineman all night long."

That's what I would do. Screw that best on best at the HS level. I'll take the guy that is "good enough" to get the job done and I'll put him on their best blocker. Then I'll take my Ferarri and put him up against their jalopy and let my Ferarri run wild.
Just for grins. Would he have lined up across from you all night ? :)

OU had top 10 classes in 4 of 5 years under LR lol.
You're right but if players like Peyton Bowen are any indication Oklahoma is going to get it right with defensive recruits. When it come to recruiting these guys are our biggest rivals I'm not going to throw any stones at their recruits.

Conventional wisdom has Harbaugh headed to the NFL… I’m sure those rumors true or not impacted recruiting
If he doesn't win the nc this year he might leave for the NFL. If he does he will pass the buck and leave for the pros. He did the same thing when he coached the 49ers.

I understand back home in Texas it's the cowboys. Out here it's the 49ers. There's a lot of channels where it's all 49ers all the time.

That said, I watched Jim Harbaugh be rude as hell to kids who only wanted his autograph, take a picture with him, or just speak to him for a few minutes. It got to the point where the 49ers made him do it. Then the gesture where instead of a post game handshake he said fu to the opposing coach. It was really serious with Pete Carroll, but when it mattered most PC got the last laugh.

3 years in the NFL, most games against Ohio State, all elite bowls he loses. Every time. I'm sure the stealing signals was a result of this. And now the opposing coach is a man who's made a career when it mattered most. I don't care when GameDay, Fox sports gushes over him he's still the biggest ass*ole in football.

Looks like Sark has made a last minute push for Aaron Butler and he is expected to sign today. He's a national top 125 player. He could play CB or WR. More than likely he's a WR. Sark's ability to flip these guys at the last minute is unbelievable.

Looks like Sark has made a last minute push for Aaron Butler and he is expected to sign today. He's a national top 125 player. He could play CB or WR. More than likely he's a WR. Sark's ability to flip these guys at the last minute is unbelievable.
Butler just committed. Puts us up to number 3 in the rankings. Just another masterful class by Sark. Setting us up nicely going into the SEC!

ousucks GIF

• Haha
Reactions: txleapd
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT