ADVERTISEMENT

"Silence at Baylor"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all in writing guys if you really want the truth! In writing the required ncaa form was sent to Briles and Baylor. Specifically it states Boise never suspended him. it specifically states that he is in good standing at Boise State and could be reinstated if you so chose.

Peterson called Briles and asked him to consider taking this kid as a transfer as he was having a rough time out there being depressed and with his girlfriend relationship and needs a new school closer to home.

no official report was never made by his girlfriend about any violence and nothing was ever mentioned to Art Briles and by the university. The actual form is being circulated to the news media world for all to read. But I get it it's a lot more fun to prosecute him in the press with lies and false information and hope that it will give you some kind of competitive edge in the future.

Art Briles called the kids high school coach and he was very high on Sam's credentials even after he talked to Coach Peterson just to make sure he was a good character.

All these false accusations that you guys are spreading on the internet is going get you is A worse whipping in Waco this year on the Brazos River.

Our battle cry will be to take no prisoners and you will be very sorry in the long run and get the punishment you deserve.

Hold up realbear. Let's do this, if you think you're up to it. If not, I don't want you to feel persecuted.

I propose you allow me to ask you a series of simple, "yes" or "no" type questions. Questions that are simple, direct and with no slant. And because they are simple, direct and with no slant, they require simple answers?

Does this sound amenable to you?

"Our battle cry will be to take no prisoners and you will be very sorry in the long run and get the punishment you deserve."

Baylor guy saying we will be punished...yeah, whatever. lmao

Reactions: LonghornSoldier
It's all in writing guys if you really want the truth! In writing the required ncaa form was sent to Briles and Baylor. Specifically it states Boise never suspended him. it specifically states that he is in good standing at Boise State and could be reinstated if you so chose.

Peterson called Briles and asked him to consider taking this kid as a transfer as he was having a rough time out there being depressed and with his girlfriend relationship and needs a new school closer to home.

no official report was never made by his girlfriend about any violence and nothing was ever mentioned to Art Briles and by the university. The actual form is being circulated to the news media world for all to read. But I get it it's a lot more fun to prosecute him in the press with lies and false information and hope that it will give you some kind of competitive edge in the future.

Art Briles called the kids high school coach and he was very high on Sam's credentials even after he talked to Coach Peterson just to make sure he was a good character.

All these false accusations that you guys are spreading on the internet is going get you is A worse whipping in Waco this year on the Brazos River.

Our battle cry will be to take no prisoners and you will be very sorry in the long run and get the punishment you deserve.

The first paragraph is a flat out lie. The form was in reference to the university not the team. Hence, what Baylor released yesterday was totally irrelevant. Baylor keeps playing semantics games to try and get around this mess. The issue at hand is whether he was dismissed from the team.

Random thoughts about this sordid affair.
The heart of this matter is the victim.

A few people who deserve to be fired. The woman's dean. She deserves to be raked over the coals by the press, its the least they could do and even though nothing else can be done at least do that.
The police who handled this. I know in a country town like Waco it can be hard to find people who are capable of being qualified cops but this was worse than incompetence. Shame on the judge who gave SM a probated sentence. You cant tell me he's being a Baylor grad did not effect his decision.

This story is far from over. This may not come to fruition but I think someone associated with the fb program was behind all this, someone who knew SU's reputation. A hc usually doesn't involve himsel in matters like this and doesn't ask any questions. By not knowing what is going on he's saving his own ***. Someone is going to fall on his own sword and its not going to be the hc or the ad for that matter. Coaches in sports have done things like this for a very long time

This might sound far fetched but it wouldn't surprise me if Baylor dc Phil Bennett was involved with this. Because my next door neighbor played for a&m when Emory Bellard was the coach I met him a couple of times , he seemed like a nice guy. But PB is an aggie and as everyone knows an aggie will do anything to win.

And above all else the forgotten matter in this case is the victim. SU has caused a psychological damage to this woman that will take years to repair, in fact it may never be repaired. She was terrified when she saw him on campus. Can you blame her? She has since transferred to another school. We should all hope for the best for this young lady as we should for all women who are victims of sexual assault.

Reactions: diadevic
Outthereincali, point of clarification. The 12 man jury gave him an 8 year probated sentence. This means 8 years of probation with no jail time.

The judge over ruled and madr it a 10 year probated sentence with 6 months of jail time and 400 hrs of public service.

I know you don't make up lies like utisabum12 does every time he writes a post and the reason I wanted to correct your error.

I figured the guy was going to get some long hardtime but, guess the 12 jurors who had all the facts thought it was some degree of date rape. Whatever I am glad he is being punished and can only pray the young lady heals in good time.

Briles is a POS and most of the country has been dialed into his whiney/garbage act for a while now. Anytime a small program rises to the top like Baylor has, you can just about bet shady crap has been going on. Just a matter of time before order is restored and UT is back on top of the conference (along with Oklahoma).

For the good of the conference, I'm sorry but you need a good Baylor. Just because Texas and OU would go back to the top of the conference doesn't make it a good conference. At that point you have media not really taking you seriously if you have OU and Texas then 8 garbage teams. Like it or not, you need your own team to be very good, but you also need others to be top 25 teams to boost your own team's image.

Sentenced to 6 months. Jury wanted 8 years, but the judge gave him 6 months.

Guess what, the judge is Baylor grad and came from a Baylor family.

I'm sick.
Bomb - I am a big fan of yours, but make sure you get the facts straight. The jury recommended 8 years, but that the sentence be fully probated. Guess what? If not for the judge who was a Baylor grad and came from a Baylor family, then this scumbag would not have served a day in jail.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...sexual-assault-boise-state-transfer/32145453/

Aside from the heinous crime, the life shattered, the cloud over the program (whether deserved or not), what anyone thinks of Briles's character === how in the world does a jury not give this guy a LONG jail term??? As in the full 20 years? To Bomb's point, I'm not sure how or why it would benefit Baylor to somehow influence the judicial process, if they even could in the first place, after the scumbag was found guilty to get a lesser punishment. But the idea that 12 people would agree to allow the guy to walk out of the courthouse? THAT is embarrassing. And BTW --- I hardly give the BU judge much credit for raining down 6 months. Even THAT is embarrassing.

Last edited:
Bomb - I am a big fan of yours, but make sure you get the facts straight. The jury recommended 8 years, but that the sentence be fully probated. Guess what? If not for the judge who was a Baylor grad and came from a Baylor family, then this scumbag would not have served a day in jail.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...sexual-assault-boise-state-transfer/32145453/

Aside from the heinous crime, the life shattered, the cloud over the program (whether deserved or not), what anyone thinks of Briles's character === how in the world does a jury not give this guy a LONG jail term??? As in the full 20 years? To Bomb's point, I'm not sure how or why it would benefit Baylor to somehow influence the judicial process, if they even could in the first place, after the scumbag was found guilty to get a lesser punishment. But the idea that 12 people would agree to allow the guy to walk out of the courthouse? THAT is embarrassing. And BTW --- I hardly give the BU judge much credit for raining down 6 months. Even THAT is embarrassing.

This is true. The BU alumni judge did nothing unethical at all. He actually increased the sentence, and the 6m of jail time is the max allowed under the terms of the probated sentence, not a duration indicating the severity of the crime.

At least it was something. But really the fault of that judgement lies with the jury. And it is an embarrassment.

I have to correct myself. I thought the judge made the sentencing but it was what the jury. Does the jury realize what they have done to the victims psyche? Do any of them have daughters, nieces, sisters? Do they realize what judgements like this say to women who are victims of sexual assault?

I have to correct myself. I thought the judge made the sentencing but it was what the jury. Does the jury realize what they have done to the victims psyche? Do any of them have daughters, nieces, sisters? Do they realize what judgements like this say to women who are victims of sexual assault?
No kidding. Inexcusable. If they were sympathetic to the rapist, then vote not guilty. But once they bought her story -- how can give anything but the max to a violent rape? I am dumbfounded.

You are correct I misinterpreted tweets last night that were worded poorly. I had the same discussion on another site.

QUOTE="utisdabomb12, post: 1717392, member: 24572"]Sentenced to 6 months. Jury wanted 8 years, but the judge gave him 6 months.

Guess what, the judge is Baylor grad and came from a Baylor family.

I'm sick.

Congratulations you have made Number one!

You are without a doubt the biggest liar on the Internet.

Actually the jury gave him eight years probated sentence. to anyone with a lick of sense and integrity it means that he would only serve probation, no jail time.

The judge didn't think it was enough so he made a 10-year probated sentence to make sure that he had 6 months of real jail time and 400 hours of community service.

You have earned 0 credibility on this board with all your BS about Texas taking recruits from Baylor and all your hate for Baylor you are a terrible participant and you should be ashamed of yourself for spreading all these false lies.[/QUOTE]

LMAO did realbear just tell someone else they have no credibility on this site? FUNNIEST POST EVER.... especially coming from someone who himself has 0 credibility OR respect on this site.... now gtfo and go back to being MIA.... seriously.... just leave.

Congratulations you have made Number one!

You are without a doubt the biggest liar on the Internet.

Actually the jury gave him eight years probated sentence. to anyone with a lick of sense and integrity it means that he would only serve probation, no jail time.

The judge didn't think it was enough so he made a 10-year probated sentence to make sure that he had 6 months of real jail time and 400 hours of community service.

You have earned 0 credibility on this board with all your BS about Texas taking recruits from Baylor and all your hate for Baylor you are a terrible participant and you should be ashamed of yourself for spreading all these false lies.
Actually, it defers to 8 years jail time if he breaks felony probation...

Interview with SU's high school HC.

Caig Smoak: I spoke with Pearland High football coach Tony Heath about former Oilers player Sam Ukwuachu about his story and his struggles in life, including Ukwuachu being convicted of felony sexual assault on Thursday.
Here are my questions and his answers:
(David Smoak) What are your thoughts about what you’ve heard, seen or read about Sam Ukwuachu the last week?
(Tony Heath) It’s tragic, I have a son who is good friends with Sam, a lot of questions from former players who I’m communicating with, it’s a tough situation for all of us and those around him (Sam) and the victim and her family as well.
(David Smoak) What were you told when Sam Ukwuachu was dismissed from the Boise State football team?
(Tony Heath) I was told the staff was very concerned about Sam being depressed and violent towards himself and their worries were for him, never once did they ever tell me he had struck or hit a female or had a violent encounter with anyone. I spoke with Chris Petersen during Sam’s redshirt freshman year about his depression and insubordination, but I haven’t spoken with Coach Petersen since. The communication I heard after Sam’s release was with the Boise State assistant coaches.
(David Smoak) When did Art Briles contact you about Sam Ukwuachu?
(Tony Heath) It was after Boise State had recommended him to Baylor and I told Art there were never any problems with Sam at Pearland High School, no discipline problems with him at all.
(David Smoak) Have you read Art Briles’ statement about Sam Ukwuachu and the conversation he (Coach Briles) had with Chris Petersen?
(Tony Heath) Yes, I have, and what Art said in his statement is exactly what I was told by the Boise State coaching staff and also shared that same information with Baylor’s assistant coaches.
(Tony Heath) And, I don’t want to get involved in two university programs, but it’s a young man from my program. And, when we have student-athletes play at the college level, the coaching staff at each specific school keep me and others abreast of their progress, good or bad.
(David Smoak) Were you ever told by anyone at Boise State about Sam Ukwuachu’s domestic violence issues?
(Tony Heath) Never, I was told the same story in Coach Briles’ statement. And, in fact, I didn’t have any idea about Sam’s domestic violence with his girlfriend until this past Thursday. I would like to add, if I would’ve known Sam Ukwuachu or any of our players had any dometic violence in his past, here at Pearland or anywhere, I wouldn’t hide it and I would tell any coach who asked, to investigate him.
(David Smoak) You’ve known Art Briles since he was a high school coach at Stephenville, and you competed against him when you were at La Marque, you knew him as the University of Houston and now Baylor, what’s to keep you from protecting him since he’s been under fire with this story?
(Tony Heath) First of all, Art Briles doesn’t need anyone to defend him, his record as a coach and man speaks for itself. And, I don’t care who is questioning Art Briles, I have another player, Kendall Erlich at Baylor, Coach (Briles) is a man of great integrity and I trust my players in his program and I’ll reiterate, his comments about what he knew about Sam Ukwuachu are exactly what I was told when Sam was released by Boise State.

Where it goes from here will be civil court (she will file a lawsuit) and Federal Court because of the Title 9 issue. This will hang over Baylor for years to come.

Caig Smoak: I spoke with Pearland High football coach Tony Heath about former Oilers player Sam Ukwuachu about his story and his struggles in life, including Ukwuachu being convicted of felony sexual assault on Thursday.
(David Smoak) What are your thoughts about what you’ve heard, seen or read about Sam Ukwuachu the last week?
(Tony Heath) It’s tragic, I have a son who is good friends with Sam, a lot of questions from former players who I’m communicating with, it’s a tough situation for all of us and those around him (Sam) and the victim and her family as well.
(David Smoak) What were you told when Sam Ukwuachu was dismissed from the Boise State football team?
(Tony Heath) I was told the staff was very concerned about Sam being depressed and violent towards himself and their worries were for him, never once did they ever tell me he had struck or hit a female or had a violent encounter with anyone. I spoke with Chris Petersen during Sam’s redshirt freshman year about his depression and insubordination, but I haven’t spoken with Coach Petersen since. The communication I heard after Sam’s release was with the Boise State assistant coaches.
(Tony Heath) It was after Boise State had recommended him to Baylor and I told Art there were never any problems with Sam at Pearland High School, no discipline problems with him at all.
(David Smoak) Have you read Art Briles’ statement about Sam Ukwuachu and the conversation he (Coach Briles) had with Chris Petersen?
(Tony Heath) Yes, I have, and what Art said in his statement is exactly what I was told by the Boise State coaching staff and also shared that same information with Baylor’s assistant coaches.
(Tony Heath) And, I don’t want to get involved in two university programs, but it’s a young man from my program. And, when we have student-athletes play at the college level, the coaching staff at each specific school keep me and others abreast of their progress, good or bad.
(David Smoak) Were you ever told by anyone at Boise State about Sam Ukwuachu’s domestic violence issues?
(Tony Heath) Never, I was told the same story in Coach Briles’ statement. And, in fact, I didn’t have any idea about Sam’s domestic violence with his girlfriend until this past Thursday. I would like to add, if I would’ve known Sam Ukwuachu or any of our players had any dometic violence in his past, here at Pearland or anywhere, I wouldn’t hide it and I would tell any coach who asked, to investigate him.
(David Smoak) You’ve known Art Briles since he was a high school coach at Stephenville, and you competed against him when you were at La Marque, you knew him as the University of Houston and now Baylor, what’s to keep you from protecting him since he’s been under fire with this story?
(Tony Heath) First of all, Art Briles doesn’t need anyone to defend him, his record as a coach and man speaks for itself. And, I don’t care who is questioning Art Briles, I have another player, Kendall Erlich at Baylor, Coach (Briles) is a man of great integrity and I trust my players in his program and I’ll reiterate, his comments about what he knew about Sam Ukwuachu are exactly what I was told when Sam was released by Boise State.

The problem again here is who cares if Briles didn't know about "domestic violence"? If he was informed about any type of violence Ukwuachu should have never been on campus and/or Baylor should have done more investigating.

Baylor seems to be using the "domestic violence" angle as a way to get around the fact they were told about violence issues in general.

These semantics games are annoying. The Baylor media needs to ask more probing questions like, "Ok you weren't told about domestic violence issues, were you ever told about any violence issues in Ukwuacho's past?"

The media, like Smoak, should be ashamed at how they've handled this entire incident. It took them forever to even ask questions and now they aren't even asking the right questions.

One big issue to me is did Boise recommend the dude to Baylor as the discussion above suggests? Or did he just say he wanted to go to Baylor as they are close to home. If it's the former, Briles has a leg to stand on. If it's the latter, Petterson's word is going to carry the day.

How come the NCAA doesn't involve themselves in areas like this to protect students? I understand that it wasn't as harmful as maybe signing a few autographs for money or having lunch with a pro player, but maybe rape accusations followed by a police collected rape kit gets you something?

Florida/Muschamp apparently passed on SU having known his past after talking to BSU officials. If this is true, Florida did their due diligence, while Baylor didn't? Going to look even worse for Briles.

edit: (scroll down a little bit)

Link

If you look at this from big picture.

Biggest failure: Jury hands down
2nd worst: Lady dean or whatever her title that didn't even look at the results of the rape kit. She should be fired immediately.
3rd worst: Investigation by police
4th worst: Briles and coaching staff
5th worst: Soccer coach that took her scholly away.

But is this any different then what Stoops did with DGB and Mixon? Only difference is that they didn't repeat. But there is no way to know when you take them back. The one difference is the level of people that put the victim last instead of first. From the police, jury, to University employees, to coaches. The young women was treated like crap all the way down the line. And RealBear, that I think you have to agree on. Was Briles the worst? Not by a long shot. Did he fail this young women? That question will play out over the next few months. Taking a partial of her scholly away. That was the smallest failure, but may be the most mean spirited thing I've heard of in college sports. Good grief how can they be so callous.

Baylor is going to pay out the ass for this. This will most certainly be investigated by Title IX. The Big XII needs to take matters into their own hands and quit letting coaches take these players back. The decision shouldn't be up to the coaches in the first place. You punch a women in the face, you rape her, whatever, find a different home. We don't need you.

You punch a woman in the face, you rape her, whatever, find a different home. We don't need you.
But what if she deserved it? What if she did drugs in her past? What if her skirt was short? What if she was in your way to the bar? What if she was in a bad spot on the stairs? I think you're being too harsh here.

If you look at this from big picture.

2nd worst: Lady dean or whatever her title that didn't even look at the results of the rape kit. She should be fired immediately.

Consider the testimony in the trial of Sam Ukwuachu from Bethany McCraw, a Baylor associate dean. McCraw had conducted her own investigation of charges brought by the student known as Jane Doe, and she determined there was insufficient evidence to move forward with a case. She made that ruling, by the way, without bothering to check the results of a rape kit.

Anyway, as if that weren’t bad enough, McCraw informed the jury that Jane Doe had told her she’d previously kissed Ukwuachu and had oral sex with him. Only she had done no such thing. What she told McCraw, according to the Waco Tribune-Herald, was that she’d rebuffed Ukwuachu’s advances.

McCraw subsequently apologized to the jury. Said she misspoke.

WTF? How does she still have a job?

Reactions: swVAHorn
Poor girl that this happen too. Now she transferred out and now plays soccer at North Texas and is close to home. I haven't said much about this topic but Baylor should of done better with this player.

Consider the testimony in the trial of Sam Ukwuachu from Bethany McCraw, a Baylor associate dean. McCraw had conducted her own investigation of charges brought by the student known as Jane Doe, and she determined there was insufficient evidence to move forward with a case. She made that ruling, by the way, without bothering to check the results of a rape kit.

Anyway, as if that weren’t bad enough, McCraw informed the jury that Jane Doe had told her she’d previously kissed Ukwuachu and had oral sex with him. Only she had done no such thing. What she told McCraw, according to the Waco Tribune-Herald, was that she’d rebuffed Ukwuachu’s advances.

McCraw subsequently apologized to the jury. Said she misspoke.

WTF? How does she still have a job?
I am starting to have more and more respect for you. I always thought you were pretty much a stand up guy but this kind of proves it. You are not making excuses for the inexcuseable. Kudos to you sir.

She should not have a job. This is going to get REAL ugly for a lot of people at Baylor. I have never really disliked Baylor as realbear suggests. I have a soft spot for them actually. But it is getting harder to like them when this stuff is going on and no one is being held responsible. Winning is great but it is not more important that a girls life.

Poor girl that this happen too. Now she transferred out and now plays soccer at North Texas and is close to home. I haven't said much about this topic but Baylor should of done better with this player.
Yeah, the real story is this girl soccer player who was raped, had to transfer and had her life permanently altered. Art Briles brought in a known rapist to Waco and a Baylor co-ed got predictably raped. And what kind of cover up did Ken Starr and Baylor do AFTER that happened? I hope there are investigations and the whole lot of these moral Christians have to sit on the stand and answer for it.

Yeah, the real story is this girl soccer player who was raped, had to transfer and had her life permanently altered. Art Briles brought in a known rapist to Waco and a Baylor co-ed got predictably raped. And what kind of cover up did Ken Starr and Baylor do AFTER that happened? I hope there are investigations and the whole lot of these moral Christians have to sit on the stand and answer for it.
Now Scholz - let's at least keep the facts straight. Yours is the first allegation I have seen that "Art Briles brought in a known rapist to Waco." Plenty of other things to get upset about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT