ADVERTISEMENT

So..., Austin's considering changing its name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blah blah blah... i heard about this nonsense on my drive to work this morning. Gotta change it because the name is offensive to someone.....PLEASE pop the nipple from their grown ass mouth and make them grow the hell up.
If we're going to continue to succeed as a melting pot country, people need to realise that with so many contrasting cultures & belief systems you're bound to be offended by plenty.
You do your thing & I'll do mine as long as we don't interfere or impede with one anothers rights.
The stupidity of people trying to appease everyone except anglo americans........yet they don't see their blatant hypocracy in doing so.
Just the flavor of the day but it pi$$es me off because there's soooooo many more important pressing issues to focus time & my tax dollars on.
Locked thread in 4,3,2...

Surely common sense will prevail and this will never happen. Just because someone is "offended" by the name Austin doesn't make them right. This is nothing but the liberal PC crowd stomping their feet and trying to get their way. Idiots. :rolleyes:

You can't change history as its always in someones mind and someone will always remember it!

Hook'em

It was a research memo into names of roads with confederate or slavery ties and then a broader list was created. Some roads might get renamed, that’s all. Of course Austin won’t be renamed.

Didn't San Antonio change Durango St into Cesar Chaves St a year or 2 ago? Something about Durango didn't represent our hispanic culture enough.

It was a research memo into names of roads with confederate or slavery ties and then a broader list was created. Some roads might get renamed, that’s all. Of course Austin won’t be renamed.

Political correctness is ruining this country. Taking down statues because of the offended PC crowd is BS. Funny how those things weren't "offensive" until recently when people were told to be offended by them. Renaming roads, same thing. It has to stop. If local, state and federal government continues to cave into PC nonsense, it will never stop. They'll move onto something else next to find something to be "offended by".

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Political correctness is ruining this country. Taking down statues because of the offended PC crowd is BS. Funny how those things weren't "offensive" until recently when people were told to be offended by them. Renaming roads, same thing. It has to stop. If local, state and federal government continues to cave into PC nonsense, it will never stop. They'll move onto something else next to find something to be "offended by".

This is a 2 way street. The PC crowd should be careful. This could reverse in very short order and anything seen as remotely "offensive" to conservatives could get wiped out to a magnitude of x10. These people are lighting a fuse but are unaware of the type of explosive that will go off.

This is a 2 way street. The PC crowd should be careful. This could reverse in very short order and anything seen as remotely "offensive" to conservatives could get wiped out to a magnitude of x10. These people are lighting a fuse but are unaware of the type of explosive that will go off.

They will shout you down and call you racist.

Exactly. Feelings matter, unless you're conservative. Not that we give a sh*t, because, f*ck your feelings.

Free speech matters, unless you're conservative.

Tolerance matters, unless you're a conservative.

Black lives matter, except in Chicago, and....unless you're a black conservative.

Racism matters, unless you're a black conservative. Then they call you a "coon". How is that not racist?

The double standards and hypocrisy are mind boggling.

Reactions: LonghornMM

Not saying that I am going to do anything individually. This will happen at the ballot box. Since 2008, democrats have lost over 1100 state and federal elections.... The last vestige of hope for democrats are the cities and some holdouts among states but they are all financially bankrupt. So to review, candidates that are leaning to the right are getting elected. George Bush is a choir boy compared to Trump. Trump is encouraging more brash and bombastic types to run for office and they will win. Their ideas are going to be like bombs going off in the left leaning locals. Pushing PC ideas result in very right leaning policy, eventually.

It was just to honor Cesar Chavez.
I've got a mixed opinion on that guy. Started off well with the grapes but later turned into exactly what he started marching against when he was running his compound modeled after a cult.
Kinda funny how La Rasa idolizes Chaves when he had immigration deport soo many mexicans because they were a problem to his goals.
I'm offended, so now they should change the name back to Durango, a state in Mexico.

Not saying that I am going to do anything individually. This will happen at the ballot box. Since 2008, democrats have lost over 1100 state and federal elections.... The last vestige of hope for democrats are the cities and some holdouts among states but they are all financially bankrupt. So to review, candidates that are leaning to the right are getting elected. George Bush is a choir boy compared to Trump. Trump is encouraging more brash and bombastic types to run for office and they will win. Their ideas are going to be like bombs going off in the left leaning locals. Pushing PC ideas result in very right leaning policy, eventually.

How can the democratic candidate win the popular vote but the democratic party hold such a disadvantage in local election? The answer is gerrymandering, obviously.

Exactly. Feelings matter, unless you're conservative. Not that we give a sh*t, because, f*ck your feelings.

Free speech matters, unless you're conservative.

Tolerance matters, unless you're a conservative.

Black lives matter, except in Chicago, and....unless you're a black conservative.

Racism matters, unless you're a black conservative. Then they call you a "coon". How is that not racist?

The double standards and hypocrisy are mind boggling.

Snowflake alert.

"Nobody is listening to MUH FEELINGS!"

You have freedom of speech, dork. You use it everyday. Just because society doesn't like conservatives saying things like "gays are an abomination" or "blacks shot by police should just comply and then they'd be left alone" doesn't mean you don't have the right to say it.

Fox News likes to perpetuate the story that conservatives are being targeted but that's just so you can continue to claim the victim card. So what are you? Tough and stoic? Or frantically screaming that the liberals are being mean to you?

Also, black conservatives are usually referred to as Uncle Toms.

Snowflake alert.

You have freedom of speech, dork. You use it everyday. Just because society doesn't like conservatives saying things like "gays are an abomination" or "blacks shot by police should just comply and then they'd be left alone" doesn't mean you don't have the right to say it.

Fox News likes to perpetuate the story that conservatives are being targeted but that's just so you can continue to claim the victim card. So what are you? Tough and stoic? Or frantically screaming that the liberals are being mean to you?

Someone’s a little sensitive.....

Reactions: Metcalf #2
How can the democratic candidate win the popular vote but the democratic party hold such a disadvantage in local election? The answer is gerrymandering, obviously.

Republicans won those 1100 seats in districts where Democrats had gerrymandered districts for 60 years.

Republicans won those 1100 seats in districts where Democrats had gerrymandered districts for 60 years.

Yes, right after they gerrymandered them back. There's also some party switching going on. Blue collar workers used to be democrats but with the Republican killing unions, they were pulled over due to conservative social stances. That's not right or wrong, it's just the way it is.

You still don't explain how Clinton won the popular vote by a percentage but congress representation does not reflect that?

When they changed 19th street to MLK, everyone still called it 19th, only the Yankees and Snowbirds called MLK,

Hook'em

Snowflake alert.

Yep, caught me a hypocrical libtard snowflake. Since you apparently suffer from lack of reading comprehension, let me repeat, f*ck your feelings.

Yes, liberals also use the racist term "Uncle Tom". Thank you for proving my point, racist.

Please move to California in time for it fall off in the ocean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT