ADVERTISEMENT

So I Was in the Hospital and Found Out Players Want Us to

ERosey

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2004
Get rid of the Eyes.......WTH?????

Look, as many on here know, I am as liberal as they come. At least by Texas standards. But that is just f’ing stupid and ridiculous. I had no idea that the Eyes had ANY sort of “jaded” past. And I would bet the only reason some players found out is because some bored African American studies major working on some worthless dissertation let people “know.” How could it possibly be offensive?

Are we now Stanford? We are going to call ourselves the Texas Sunsets so as not to offend climate change activists because the cattle industry contributes to global warming???? Wait, I probably should not have written that, because some freako will likely pick that up.

If I had no idea about any suspect origins of the Eyes, there is no way players knew about it. Did VY know that when we won the NC. Did Michael Huff or Griffin know? And who would have cared?

While I would say this is a tempest in a teapot, I am very troubled. Players these days are more entitled than I can ever remember. Posting their videos. Releasing Top 10s. Having “followers.” Now they can make $$ (which I support). But where does it stop? Is this a generational thing?

I will close with this. Discussion of race in this country is twisted at best. I watch a lot of MSNBC (I truly cannot stomach Fox News). And all of these discussions are led by whiny Pulitzer Prize winners bitching about their oppression in their Manhattan apartments. You want to know when race was REALLY talked about? The 70s. All in the Family. Good Times. The Jeffersons. Today, if those shows came on, the woke left would lose their sh**. But that was the truth.

and all of these pre-Madonna athletes are really pissing me off. Frankly, if certain players want to leave, like the gif, “well, bye.” You are a bunch of self-entitled pu$$ies. You have no conception of the struggle we have had to go through to get here. I am Hispanic. My Dad was at one time the highest ranking Hispanic officer in the Army. And to all you players with your smart phones, and your Mac Books, and full ride scholarships (I sold my ass to Uncle Sam to pay for college), please move on. Go play for Bama. And we all know how woke Bama has been historically.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News