ADVERTISEMENT

So who wins the Heisman now?

I've become disappointed in the Heiman picking process. Didn't it used to be the best player in college football? There were RBs, WRs, QBs, and sometimes, players from teams that had a few losses. UT was 8-3 when Ricky won.
Now, it's limited to only QBs on teams with undefeated records or one-loss records. IT's really limiting IMO.
There are some really good players out there that aren't even considered--some really good runningbacks in fact--in addition to Bijan.
That's unfortunate. I think there are better players than Caleb Williams and Max Duggan--neither of which could win their biggest game of the year.
I agree with you but Duggan played magnificently and Williams did not.

But why is this guy from GA with an aristocrat name even there?

The fact Hendon Hooker didn't get invited shows how flawed the process is. He was easily the best QB in the nation for 3/4's of the season.
Agreed-Good example. There are also a couple of running backs who have really impressive numbers--and they're not even on good teams-Israel Abanikanda (Jr.), Pittsburgh and Chase Brown (Jr.), Illinois. Standing out like this on medicore or bad teams is not easy.

Duggan is the only reason TCU is in the playoffs. Without him they will take a big step back. He's not flashy but he gets the job done.
And I don't think the KState game hurt him. He gave it everything he had. If character and integrity are supposed to be part of it, he should be picked over CW.
Bijan should be the winner, but it seems you have to be on a team that has 2 losses or less.

I've become disappointed in the Heiman picking process. Didn't it used to be the best player in college football? There were RBs, WRs, QBs, and sometimes, players from teams that had a few losses. UT was 8-3 when Ricky won.
Now, it's limited to only QBs on teams with undefeated records or one-loss records. IT's really limiting IMO.
There are some really good players out there that aren't even considered--some really good runningbacks in fact--in addition to Bijan.
That's unfortunate. I think there are better players than Caleb Williams and Max Duggan--neither of which could win their biggest game of the year.

Because you're asking elites to use some ****ing logic and reason. Most of them probably can't even be troubled to send in their own vote.

Because you're asking elites to use some ****ing logic and reason. Most of them probably can't even be troubled to send in their own vote.
True. I'm expecting far too much, I guess.

Not only elites, but uninformed elites. I don't have a problem with concept of elites,
(Oftentimes they are lazy and don't do their homework)--But play the part of an elite and actually be great, by making the best decision--even if it is difficult.

I heard their spokesman, along with other dumb media pontificators bring up "body of work."

This is just my view--I know others may disagree. (I also realize this is water under the bridge)

I don't think they know what "body of work" means. In my view--body of work used to mean and would include the non-conference schedule. TCU scheduled weak teams. Alabama and Ohio State at least scheduled at least one credible non-conference opponent. TCU was rewarded for having that rinky-dink schedule. If you couple that with TCU losing to KSU, it makes them look like pretenders.

If they want people to praise them for being elite--they need to act elite--and send a message like "TCU? You ain't getting in--your non-conference schedule was a joke, you struggled with average teams who made you look better than you actually were, and you weren't good enough to win your own league." I wouldn't feel this strongly if they took care of KSU, won the conference, and finished undefeated.

Sorry, forgive my rant.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Alabama lost to a good Tennessee team, a mediocre LSU team, and beat a bunch of other mediocre and bad teams. They didn't do anything to deserve getting in this year. All they had going for them this year was their reputation of being elite and they didn't live up to it.

Understood-but LSU had quite a few wins and played for the SEC title and Alabama played them on the road. MSU and Ole Miss are better than most of the teams TCU played, with the possible exception of KSU and Texas.

Believe me, I'm not advocating for Alabama and am not a fan--they are not nearly the team this year that they've been in the past. They were the next in line in the rankings.

Overall, I think their resume was better than TCUs.

We now know that he's immature to put it nicely. There was a picture of Duggan after the KSU game crying and Caleb mocked him on twitter saying lol
Williams doesn't have room to talk, "hobbling around" and not playing as good after that. Duggan battled, has heart. I think he'd scored on a QB keep at the goalline. Williams didn't finish it vs KSU.

True. I'm expecting far too much, I guess.

Not only elites, but uninformed elites. I don't have a problem with concept of elites,
(Oftentimes they are lazy and don't do their homework)--But play the part of an elite and actually be great, by making the best decision--even if it is difficult.

I heard their spokesman, along with other dumb media pontificators bring up "body of work."

This is just my view--I know others may disagree. (I also realize this is water under the bridge)

I don't think they know what "body of work" means. In my view--body of work used to mean and would include the non-conference schedule. TCU scheduled weak teams. Alabama and Ohio State at least scheduled at least one credible non-conference opponent. TCU was rewarded for having that rinky-dink schedule. If you couple that with TCU losing to KSU, it makes them look like pretenders.

If they want people to praise them for being elite--they need to act elite--and send a message like "TCU? You ain't getting in--your non-conference schedule was a joke, you struggled with average teams who made you look better than you actually were, and you weren't good enough to win your own league." I wouldn't feel this strongly if they took care of KSU, won the conference, and finished undefeated.

Sorry, forgive my rant.
tOSU didn't play anyone credible in non con play. Aside from MI the Big X was a weak conference and that includes PS. And as for MI the buckeyes gave up in the second half. In fact the Big X West is the weakest conference in the country.

And KSU ended up playing one of the toughest schedules in the country.

TCU lost but Max Duggan played his heart out on fire the rest of the country. Caleb Williams will win the Heisman but he's too conceited to realize that there's a couple of dc's, Morgan Scalley, and Dave Aranda who have figured him out.

Max Duggan played his heart out ... to the tune of completing 18 for 36 in the biggest game of his career. 50% won't cut it in high school in today's game. His horrific 4th quarter interception - a woefully underthrown ball that hit the defender between the numbers in the end zone - set up the need for the last minute comeback. Maybe the correct summary would be - he got the most out of his talent. Full Disclosure - I hate TCU.

Understood-but LSU had quite a few wins and played for the SEC title and Alabama played them on the road. MSU and Ole Miss are better than most of the teams TCU played, with the possible exception of KSU and Texas.

Believe me, I'm not advocating for Alabama and am not a fan--they are not nearly the team this year that they've been in the past. They were the next in line in the rankings.

Overall, I think their resume was better than TCUs.
Bama's best win was
tOSU didn't play anyone credible in non con play. Aside from MI the Big X was a weak conference and that includes PS. And as for MI the buckeyes gave up in the second half. In fact the Big X West is the weakest conference in the country.

TCU lost but Max Duggan played his heart out on fire the rest of the country. Caleb Williams will win the Heisman but he's too conceited to realize that there's a couple of dc's, Morgan Scalley, and Dave Aranda who have figured him out.
You do realize the Heisman isn’t just based off one game right lol

Ohio State played Notre Dame in non conference. I wouldn’t say they didn’t play anybody.

It sounds like you have some personal vendetta against Caleb that is holding you back from giving a fair analysis of his season.

Ohio State played Notre Dame in non conference. I wouldn’t say they didn’t play anybody.

It sounds like you have some personal vendetta against Caleb that is holding you back from giving a fair analysis of his season.
I stand corrected tOSU did play ND.

I don't have a personal vendetta against Caleb Williams but I think people embrace him to much.

Bama's best win was

You do realize the Heisman isn’t just based off one game right lol
Everyone knows that even me lol.

But he hasn't shown me he can get it done when a conference championship is on the line.

Hey look I know he's going to win the Heisman.

You're right--KSU got the job done.

Max Duggan played his heart out ... to the tune of completing 18 for 36 in the biggest game of his career. 50% won't cut it in high school in today's game. His horrific 4th quarter interception - a woefully underthrown ball that hit the defender between the numbers in the end zone - set up the need for the last minute comeback. Maybe the correct summary would be - he got the most out of his talent. Full Disclosure - I hate TCU.
I'm not a fan either--and to be honest, I don't care for any of the rest of the big 12 teams.

Duggan is the only reason TCU is in the playoffs. Without him they will take a big step back. He's not flashy but he gets the job done.
Big 12 Refs. TCU has very few to no holding penalties this year. It all changes vs Michigan. They won't have the Big 12 there to rescue them.

Reactions: aarontxex
Big 12 Refs. TCU has very few to no holding penalties this year. It all changes vs Michigan. They won't have the Big 12 there to rescue them.
The Big 12 has rescued TCU in more ways than one, including the teams that should've beaten them.

The Michigan OL will grind TCU down to a nub. They've never seen that kind of size. Michigan doesn't stand up and titty slap fight zone block. They come off low and hard.

The Michigan OL will grind TCU down to a nub. They've never seen that kind of size. Michigan doesn't stand up and titty slap fight zone block. They come off low and hard.
Meh, Big 10 football is so overrated. We saw that last year when Michigan got bitch slapped by Georgia. They got physically manhandled in that game. Michigan has played some pretty bad games and got lucky. I think TCU can keep it close.

Meh, Big 10 football is so overrated. We saw that last year when Michigan got bitch slapped by Georgia. They got physically manhandled in that game. Michigan has played some pretty bad games and got lucky. I think TCU can keep it close.
I think Michigan is better this year than last. I think TCU is overrated and the BDF has been carrying its water. The Michigan D line can get after it. Their edges are going to smoke Duggan. If TCU can't hold, it's going to be a long day. I look for 2 holding calls to open TCU's first drive.

I think Michigan is better this year than last. I think TCU is overrated and the BDF has been carrying its water. The Michigan D line can get after it. Their edges are going to smoke Duggan. If TCU can't hold, it's going to be a long day. I look for 2 holding calls to open TCU's first drive.
I think they were better but losing Corum was a big loss for them. TCU has a pretty good secondary so I think it's going to come down to TCU's ability to stop their running game. I think it's going to be a 7-10 with Michigan winning. I wouldn't be surprised if TCU keeps it really close though.

There are 14 teams in the Big X. It's tOSU and MI and everyone else. They're at least 10 points better than the rest of the conference.

I agree---(TCU has been lucky this year, unfortunately) --But I think that ends against Michigan. I like Michigan to win very comfortably.

I don't think this will happen, but does anyone think Michigan could take TCU lightly, and get upset?

Reactions: freeper
Lamar Jackson: 2016 Heisman trophy winner.
Stetson Bennet: Heisman Trophy candidate.

Both born in 1997.

• Haha
Reactions: diadevic
Not with Harbaugh in charge. That guy is wound tight.
I watched him closely out here when he was coaching the niners he's incredibly arrogant. So much so that he's more than capable of disrespecting someone like TCU to where the frogs could win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT