ADVERTISEMENT

Some recruiting notes on a Monday (coaches on the road, visits, etc)

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
Texas is doing an in-home visit with top RB target Chris Warren as I type this.

New Texas QB commitment Matthew Merrick will meet with Shawn Watson on Wednesday. As of now, Merrick has not scheduled his UT official visit, but he said that'll probably happen when he and Watson talk this week.

1628703.jpeg

1628702.jpeg

Chris Vaughn stopped by to check on Miami Booker T Washington TE DaVanta Davis). Clarington told me tonight he still does not have any other official visits set up (he visited Texas the weekend of November 7).

Vaughn also stopped by to see Palmetto Bay Westminster Christian RB Jordan Cronkrite today. Cronkrite told me they talked about setting up an official visit for sometime in January.

Dallas Skyline linebacker Anthony Wheeler said Texas is supposed to be by to see him on Wednesday. Wheeler said he is still considering a Texas official visit, but nothing has been set up yet.

Mesquite Poteet WR Deandre McNeal told me tonight that Texas was possibly coming by on Wednesday. No word from Malik Jefferson on a possible visit, but if Texas does swing by to see McNeal, you can expect Jefferson to also get a visit. Update: I was told it will be Brian Jean-Mary visiting with McNeal on Wednesday. BJ is the lead recruiter for Jefferson so I'd assume he'll also be visiting with Malik.

Tommie Robinson will stop on Thursday to catch up with UT RB commitment Tristian Houston. Good news for Texas ... Houston told me today that he's no longer looking to take visits to other schools.

Texas will stop by tomorrow to see UT OL commitment Connor Williams. Williams will be in Austin this weekend for his official visit.

Lakeland Victory Christian Academy LB Cecil Cherry said he's been told Texas might come to his game on Friday night but he isn't sure if those plans are locked in.

Somewhat interesting here ... JUCO OL Martinas Rankin said he's not sure of any plans for Texas to come visit him, or for him to visit Texas. "We haven't been in contact for a while," Rankin said.

Texas will be by Aledo tomorrow to catch up with top WR target Ryan Newsome. Newsome is scheduled to take an official visit to Texas this weekend.

Avon (CT) Old Farms TE Chris Clark got a visit from Texas yesterday. Clark, who was named the nation's No. 1-ranked tight end prospect by Rivals.com today, is still committed to Michigan. He had planned to visit Texas this weekend but is now scheduled to be in Austin on the weekend of January 23.

This post was edited on 12/2 9:29 AM by Suchomel

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News