ADVERTISEMENT

Some thoughts on hoops roster possibilities next season

RLong68

Gold Member
Nov 5, 2008
There are 8 current roster guys who can return next season.

Hunter
Morris
Brumbaugh
Perryman
Mitchell
Anamekwe
Disu
Cunningham

We know Cunningham announced his return awhile back. Obviously in a perfect world we’d like them all back. Particularly since that would be a pretty solid nucleus. Here’s a working breakdown of their possibilities of return in order of most importance. That doesn’t mean any of them are unimportant. Just that clearly come guys are currently more valuable for next season.

1. Hunter. This is where it starts. I was generally down on Hunter much of the season because quite honestly he just didn’t play well from mid December through late February. But he was strong down the stretch and I’d much rather have him back than not. My guess is he tests NBA waters. Not sure he is strong candidate to be drafted. Not sure he would jump to another school. I’d say 60%+ chance of returning

2. Disu. Local kid who always wanted to be a Horn so he’s not leaving for another school. Closed strong but still not a huge NBA prospect. Current injury doesn’t help current NBA prospects. Don’t be surprised if he tests but I give it 75% he returns.

3. & 4. Morris & Mitchell. IMO they are the the blurriest to project given they arrived with solid relatively early NBA projections (particularly D-Mitch) but lost ground over the season. Fully expect both to test the NBA waters. Fully expect both to not be realistically projected in either round this draft. I think both enjoyed playing for Terry. Not sure why either would leave for another school since both are in line for big minutes next. But you never know with young players. We would do well well to get one of them back. I give us a better than 50/50 shot of at least one sticking.

5. Anamekwe. I’ve made it pretty well known I really like this kid. Underrated skill set with athletic upside. Another guy who is in line for real good minutes next season as a big guard/wing. Not sure why he would choose to leave. 80%+ chance to return.

6. Brumbaugh. Real wild card. Hard to get read on a kid’s mindset being a redshirt and so far from home. He was a top 75 kid so I suspect he could see no less than solid minutes next season. Any odds of returning are the most speculative of speculative so will say it’s a coin flip.

7. Perryman. Legacy so you would tend to auto assume he sticks but who knows nowadays. Two seasons in and no real threat yet to really see the floor. Because of legacy status I will project 60% return.

Regarding the two signees. Simply put I think both stick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News