Some thoughts on Quinn’s performance last night

HotCheeto

A&M wore glow in the dark uniforms in the daytime
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2017
Austin, Texas
Quinn has to play better. No other way to say it. The entire offense made mistakes last night, the offensive line was atrocious at times, but the fact of the matter is that Quinn cost us several opportunities to make that game more competitive.

I love Quinn. I’m a huge defender of his, but this is year 3 in the system and he is supposed to be an elite difference maker at his position (the most important position on the field) and right now he is not. I don’t think the answer is to bench him moving forward (yet), and I fully trust Sark to get this all sorted out, but Quinn needs to step up his level of play if we are to make a deep run in the playoffs. It’s as simple as that.

He’s weak in the pocket, he’s not mobile enough, at times it feels like he has no urgency, and his mechanics are a total mess. The off platform stuff looks amazing when it works and it looks god awful when it doesn’t. The painful truth is that he needs to start playing like his NFL future depends on it, because it does. Nothing really new being said here, but I hope reality is staring him in the face right now because if something doesn’t change with him, then something will change at the position soon.

Rant over. Hook ‘em forever🤘

Last edited:

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.