Some thoughts on the debate and on Trump in general

Kajagoogoo

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2023
Going into the debate, the narrative from the right was that Harris is stupid, some DEI hire, and that Trump would wipe the floor with her. And now afterward, a plurality of Republicans think Trump won the debate.

I was already convinced, but this tells me more than anything else I've seen or said before. MAGA types have no idea what Trump actually is. What he actually is like. They have built him into deity status. We keep hearing that Trump needs to focus on policy, that he needs to stay away from personal attacks. We see people convincing themselves that Trump kept world peace, had no inflation, no crime, no illegal immigration. And he solved Covid.

These are people not based in reality.

The person you saw in the debate? The same one you saw in the first 2020 debate? That IS Donald Trump. He's a bully, a blowhard that can't be bothered to actually study real policy or prepare. He just wants to be king. He's a thin skinned jackass who goes into a temper tantrum when someone crosses him even a little bit. And the saddest part? He gets his news and information from the same crazy Twitter/X sites we laugh at here.

Trump BELIEVED that Haitian immigrants are eating pets.

Trump BELIEVES that we are paying for sex change operations on illegal aliens in prison.

He BELIEVES that asylum seekers are from actual asylums.

Imagine if @HornVol was running for president. That's who your hero is. He's not what your have built him into. I think part of the deal here is that his followers are so invested in his cult of personality that they CANT be rational about him. They are too personally involved in believing in him. It's worship on a deity level. So every time he's found to have done something else, they don't believe it. They can't believe it in fact, because it would show how dumb they were for believing in his stuff.

I'm talking about MAGA types, not conservatives who don't like him but dislike Dem policies worse by the way.

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.