ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Bars in Austin

Fan in Dallas

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2001
One of the awesomest things about playing Sunday night is having an entire Saturday to watch CFB. We used to go to 3rd Base - loved all the tv's. Looks like it's still there but changed names to Cover 3. At any rate, I'm looking for a place to hunker down for a few hours of serious football watching, with of course good food and drink. Hook'em!!!

I don't find any other threads about this - however, I could be overlooking. If you'll post a link I'll go from thre. Thanks.

3rd base still exists in and around Austin... try Scholtz's downtown... sports bars abound in college towns.... just do a simple google search and see what you find with reviews.... might find a hole in the wall that is beyond what you expected.

One of the awesomest things about playing Sunday night is having an entire Saturday to watch CFB. We used to go to 3rd Base - loved all the tv's. Looks like it's still there but changed names to Cover 3. At any rate, I'm looking for a place to hunker down for a few hours of serious football watching, with of course good food and drink. Hook'em!!!
I'm an OU fan but I've been to a bunch of UT games through guys I work with and I've always enjoyed Scholz's. Nice indoor/outdoor atmosphere with plenty of scenery.
EDIT: I just re-read your post and my comments were more based on game day scenarios. I don't think Scholz's is set up for what you're looking for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT