ADVERTISEMENT

Spring evaluation stops by UT worth noting (Chris Warren, R Newsome, etc)

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
Texas assistant Chris Rumph stopped by Rockwall earlier today and will be back this afternoon to watch RB Chris Warren at practice. Today is Warren's first day back in cleats after injuring his knee last year.

Assistant Brian Jean-Mary stopped by Aledo today to check on wide receiver Ryan Newsome. Newsome will be back in Austin in a little less than two weeks for the UIL State Track Meet.

2014 UT signee Terrell Cuney (Jasper) tweeted that UT assistant Chris Vaughn stopped by his school on Monday.

Texas will stop by to see 2015 UT commitment Charles Omenihu (Rowlett) on Tuesday.

Chris Rumph will visit UT commitment Tristian Houston this week and RB coach Tommie Robinson will go back by in a couple weeks.

Texas will be by Houston Lamar later this week, per Holton Hill.

Beaumont Central DB P.J. Locke said Texas is supposed to come by this week sometime, he thought maybe even tomorrow.

Texas will visit TE Hunter Herndon on Monday. Herndon is committed to Rice but was in Austin for UT's spring game last weekend.

As is usually the case, it looks like a lot of the out-of-state visits will happen towards the end of the evaluation period. Pine Bluff (Ark) TE Will Gragg said he was told Texas will be out on May 16. A couple other top OOS targets told me they haven't yet heard of dates.

That being said, Texas will be at Iowa Western Community College this Friday to check on JUCO tight end Andrew Davis, who holds a UT offer.

Also, the Longhorns will visit Tallahassee Lincoln WR John Burt next Monday (May 5).

Ennis DE James Lockhart tells me UT will be by this week. He's not sure of the exact date yet.

Texas commitment DeShon Elliott just tweeted out that Coach Rumph was going to his practice today.

Baylor commit, and Texas Spring Game attendee, Louis Brown tweeted that Texas stopped by his school today.

One more visit I know was Monday was Holton Hill at Houston Lamar.

This post was edited on 4/29 8:28 AM by Suchomel

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News