ADVERTISEMENT

Stargazing – 2025 DL Travis Buhake: “The Diamond in the rough without a Texas Offer.”

CodyCarpentier

every like is another Jonathon Brooks rushing yard
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2023
Roanoke, VA
www.thedraftrankings.com
Travis Buhake, DL – (Mansfield Summit) Mansfield, TX

Height: 6’2

Weight: 255 lbs.

Offers: 12

Texas Offer: No

Rivals Rank: No Rank in Texas Top 100 – 0 Stars

Projected Position: Strong Side Defensive End with Power and Speed to potentially move into Nose Tackle if his frame matures how it should... think about Byron Murphy (not a comp).

Scouting Report: Buhake has Great length despite a generally "smaller" frame. He has good hand usage for a 4-tool defensive lineman. Play Recognition, fluidity, and closing consciousness are key factors in his success. While not being a dominator in getting after the Quarterback (12.5 sacks in 2 seasons), Buhake is strong in the run game with the ability to establish an edge, He is built like a stocky greek god, and at 275lbs setting the edge would look like a stump that grew through the pavement in 2 years, immovable.

Buhake began strength training in 8th grade and within 4 years he is squatting 500 lbs. for 3 reps, benching 315 lbs. For 3 reps, as well as accomplishing a 315 lb. hang clean. However, his most important feat came in the circle, outdoors. Buhake’s current best shot put is 59’ 1”, I asked Buhake what his goals were this spring “Make state, hit 60’, and get my name out there for track.”

Best Trait: Strength, Power, and Energy.

Among topics I discussed with Travis, I asked if he had watched any specific players in college or the NFL while preparing this season: “I liked watching Jared Verse, Laitu Latu, and Mo Kamara in college for new moves when I’m off the edge. Interior wise I watch Deone Walker from Kentucky and Johnny Newton from Illinois.”

Notes: Buhakes recruitment to this point has centralized around Tulsa, California, Arizona, and Houston. “I’m trying to go on as many visits this spring so I can make my decision by this summer.”. He has an Official Visit scheduled for June to Tulsa.

Cody’s Comp: Dee Ford, Auburn (Rivals 5.6 - 3 Star) - Kansas City Chiefs (1st Round Pick)

Cody’s Grade: 6.61 (High 3-Star)

Screenshot-2024-03-29-at-7.33.44 AM.png

“I’m looking for a great environment in a school. All my life I had positive energy and I’m a very energetic guy, being around negative energy is a big red flag for me.”

Travis Buhake's frame oozes power and is shown in translation to a nearly 60' shot put as a junior. With great length, and power, projecting is easy, but Buhake has a great football IQ and has shown the ability to be an all-around defensive end. Schools will be racing to the finish line after the 2024 season to persuade Buhake to come to their program. He is the Diamond in the rough without a Texas Offer at EDGE.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News