ADVERTISEMENT

State of the REALUnion: The first Longhorn Nation Edition

PhoenixKnightForever00

The realest Honest person alive. Also UTs Stugotz
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2020
Good morning my Longhorn Nation Brothers and sisters. Happy gameday. First and foremost, I would like to thank everybody for your love and support the other night. It has been a rough road throughout my entire life but especially the last year. However iam a fighter and iam a survivor and Unfortunately like Frank Underwood (terrible reference I know) in House of cards, I'll do whatever it takes to survive. Either way I love you guys and I appreciate all of you, anytime you guys need advice or whatever I'm here as well. Safe place to vent or whatever I'm here too. One Longhorn Nation under God. Longhorn Family and Longhorn Nation for life. With that being said, let's have some fun now. What I'm about to do is going to be something I will be doing as time goes on. It's going to be one of my famous State of The REALUnions but instead it's going to be
Longhorns edition with some others mixed in there. Today's edition will also feature why when we move to the SEC, there's one other SEC team I do respect (Don't worry it's not OU or Aggy. Not Bama and Not even LSU) The team I'm talking about resides in Columbia, Missouri. That being Missouri Tigers. I will tell that story why in football they are equal to our football team but in hoops I'm UT Hoops for life first and always. With that being said let's begin. Football/Will Austin burn to the ground?
---------------------------------------
To start the football part off, most of my thoughts are in my rant that I left on @Ketchum 10 thoughts last week. Do I understand the frustrations of this season? Yes. Am I frustrated too? Yes.

I spent three-four hours watching RRR. I do every year. We had such a first half to remember but in the second half we collapsed. But like I said before, the season got deflated when the game was tied with I wanna say 1:45 left in the game. 4th and 11. In FG Range. We have one of the best kickers in the country. Yes our defense collapsed but I personally believe if Sark would've just done the right thing and kicked the damn FG, the defense could've easily EASILY got fired up to get one more stop. EASILY!!! That call right there told me that sark doesn't believe in the defense. The same defense that two weeks before at home in Austin against Tech helped put up a 70 bomb a 70 POINT GAME AGAINST TECH!!!!!! TO MAKE A STATEMENT TO START CONFERENCE PLAY!!!! I've been to many college football games (most UT if not all), I've seen many 60-70 point games on TV but never live. Back to my point, to me That call Sark made, told me he doesn't believe in the defense. You could've kicked the FG and inspired your defense to get one more stop. But no you had to go for a 4th and 11. Didn't make it. If this season goes to hell tonight (I'll be there tonight by the way. Me and the lady traveling from San Marcos. First time back in Austin together since we moved.) It will be that 4th and 11 call in Dallas that deflated this season.

I'm not gonna waste my time the next week back in Austin against The Cowboys.

Instead I'll go to Waco next. I had to work that day. But I kept a very sharp eye on the game. We get off to a good start despite the Baylor Rush Defense keeping Bijan in check. Casey does fine. Him and Xavier connect for a 69-70 yard TD bomb, I don't remember but please feel free to clarify. But then defense struggles, Baylor gets going on offense. Game is tied I don't remember the exact score but it's tied or I think we were leading. But it's 4th and 11 again, this time we try a fake pass with Cameron Dicker our goddamn kicker. I'm sorry what?!?!?! Really? We blew it again Baylor drives down and wins the game

I'm not gonna waste my time with Last week in Ames. Who the hell cares?!?!

Which brings us to tonight. Our backs are against the wall. Injury issues. The media is against the team yet again. Our superstar RB is a game time decision. Although RoJo and Jonathon Brooks are very capable of being a 1-2 punch. But here's the issue, I'm looking at the W-L's but I'm looking at what got us there. Sark for now has lost the locker room. No one respects him. To be honest, he right now reminds me alot of Shaka and shaka was a fraud. I defended Shaka many times when he didn't deserve it. I won't make that mistake again believe me. More on that here in a minute. But here's the deal, I want to Root for Sark especially after his journey. I really do but right now I'm having serious questions because of what led us to this point. The calls he's made. Didn't take accountability for his two BS calls in Dallas and Waco. I'll be rooting for a strong finish. I'll be there tonight but going forward Sark needs to be a leader. He needs to do the obvious and call out the O-Line because O-Line has been horrible this year. Yes I get your playing with Herman's guys I get it but you make the best with what you got. Know who said that recently, Coach Beard did. Make the best with what you got. It's very true and that's what sark has to do. And he has to do it starting tonight.

Finally let's get to tonight. Tonight could either go well or go really wrong. Tonight we can get back on track or campus will literally burn to the Ground. We got 1-8 Kansas. Oh how the comparisons of this year and charlies 3rd year. How it makes me more nervous. What I would like to see is for When we're on offense whether Bijan plays or not, we do good blocking and running the ball to take time off the clock. Defense for the love of God stops zone defense (I hate zone defense). Make Kansas terrified. Whatever it takes as a matter of fact we just need to do whatever it takes period but I can't stress this enough, O-Line needs to wake up QUICKLY!!!!!!!!! That and Sark must wake up too. Do not be Shaka 2.0 bud. But unlike that rat bastard Shaka, I'll still root for sark because of Sark's outside journey.

This is what I would like to see tonight. -Bijan plays, O-Line has the game of it's life.
-O-Line wakes up period
-Im done with Hudson Card. If Casey is at least 80 percent better, I'll take an 80 percent Casey over Hudson Card. Hudson in the two appearances (opener doesn't mean shit at this point) I've seen him against Arkansas and Iowa State, he can't handle the spotlight. I'm done with him.
-Defense plays more man to man, Stack the box put pressure on Kansas' offense

My prediction: UT 37 KU 21
But do whatever it takes to win tonight, period.

Sark needs to follow that or his time in Austin is Done. CDC cant afford to let the boosters get out of control and the media and if we lost to Kansas tonight, it's gonna get ugly real fast.
#HookKU

Basketball
----------------------
My favorite time of year is back. And we're finally no longer under the reign of Shaka the fraud. So far in the two games (exhibition one of them), this team is a different story. This team in all my years of Being a hardcore Hoops supporter is the most talented I've ever seen and experienced. Now it's gonna take time for this team to gel but when it does, ooooweeeeeee we could key word could Win a natty our first hoops natty ever. I hope we do soon. It's due.

Couple of thoughts so far.
-I love how Coach Beard takes accountability. He took accountability for the and 1 margin the opener. I love that. Shaka rarely took any accountability. We have a leader who does care about the guys but also not afraid to chew their asses out. Nice change for once.
-Very impressed with what I'm seeing from Tre Mitchell. His ball handling is smooth and boy can he shoot.
-Courtney is doing fine but he needs to earn my trust back after the ACU debacle last year.
-AJ1 Love him. Warrior
-Need to see more from Christian and then Devin.
-Teddy Allen=The real deal.
-Marcus picking up where Matt left off.

On ball defense= Amazing
That's really all I got for hoops for now.
I'll have more next edition. Hopefully tonight against Zaga will show us more. Can't wait
#HookZaga

The Main event:The Mizzou story.
--------------------------------------------
The only way I'll be ok with the SEC move is if UT and Mizzou do not play in the same division. Now I know this isn't popular but the truth is I gotta also show Mizzou support. Here's the story why.
Grandmother (who I lost to cancer last year) went to school here. My grandfather was a professor here. I can't remember if he graduated from here too. Also I grew up here In Columbia (I adopted it as my hometown. My actual hometown was a POS) And before I became longhorn Nation for life after I moved to Austin, I was a MU Supporter. When I moved here 10 years ago, I put MU behind me and became Longhorn Nation for life after turning 4 outings to UT hoops during the Rick Barnes era into what ended up slowly a Match made in heaven with Longhorn Hoops becoming apart of me and not just another team to me. Football not being far behind. With however the loss of my grandmother last year, and after a very memorable homecoming trip to CoMo, I needed something to bond with my grandfather over Again and to carry on my grandmother's legacy. Hence why when it comes to football, I have no rooting interest if both teams play each other. Basketball, I'm Longhorn Hoops for life first.
Before I continue with things to do to whoever travels to Columbia for the game in the future. I will however do a who has the advantage chart though in other areas.

City Wise: Columbia does get an advantage. Austin is not what it once was and not in a good way. That will be another day topic.
Baseball: Texas.
Hoops: Texas till the day I die
Women hoops: Vic all day everyday. lady horns.
Monuments: Texas by far
More good scenery: Both but Texas get the advantage because of the clock tower
Food: Austin
Neighborhoods: Columbia hands down. Safer: Columbia
Football: Both equally
Better campus walk: Mizzou hands down
Safer campus: Mizzou as well. Where I hope to propose to my girlfriend: Texas. Clock tower gold

Now for things to do in Columbia. ----------------------------
I recommend
The Campus walk and Worley street. The scenery is beautiful. The Blue note best bar in Columbia
Stadiums bar and grill is the best restaurant in Columbia hands down. Best campus restaurant hands down too.
Shakespeare's pizza 2nd best. Slices are very tasty.
Campus Walk is very beautiful at night.
Jesse Hall, the collums.

Anywho I gotta charge some shit. Get ready for tonight. Hopefully football and hoops will lead us to a good weekend. I'll have more soon.

Much love and hook em forever

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News