ADVERTISEMENT

Stephen A. Smith goes in on KD

blh111

Apr 19, 2002
I've always wanted to choke this guy out, because of his buffoonery. Who the hell does this fool think he is? I wish I could choke him out for Durant.

http://news.yahoo.com/stephen-smith-goes-off-kevin-155551442.html

He should realize that running into someone and speaking, isn't the same as them having a relationship, where they talk. I want to see an athlete stump him out. Well not really, because of the consequences, but I do want to see someone put this clown in check.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metcalf #2
I actually kind of like that guy, but yeah he really thinks he's a lot more important than he is. He's a legend in his own mind. Needs to shut that enormous mouth sometimes.

I don't even really think of Stephen A Smith as some connected guy. He's entertainment purposes only imo, not breaking news guy. His threat is pretty ridiculous but then again it's entertainment.

Can't stand Smith and his schtick/attitude. He's an idiot. I can't believe ESPN keeps this guy on the payroll.

Can't stand Smith and his schtick/attitude. He's an idiot. I can't believe ESPN keeps this guy on the payroll.

Good or Bad, you're talking about him, as well as everyone else. People are always talking about his shtick/attitude/takes on topics, it brings in viewers. Win/win for ESPN until he makes a ridiculously profound and stupid statement.

Kevin Durant would leave the Thunder, a team full of young and excellent talent for the Lakers or Knicks, a couple of teams not near as young and no where near as talented. That's the same as saying Durant is a dumbazz. Smith and Bayless are both guys whose level of importance is the equal of a bureaucrat. Both ought to be fitted with clown suits. Oh it's very likely Durant is going nowhere but OKC any time soon.

Reactions: Fizzwilly
Good or Bad, you're talking about him, as well as everyone else. People are always talking about his shtick/attitude/takes on topics, it brings in viewers. Win/win for ESPN until he makes a ridiculously profound and stupid statement.

Indeed and most people probably know that.

I actually stopped watching the show, because I dislike him so much. But I've been watching it this week...I have to stop punishing myself.

Thing is, I quit watching him quite a while back because he's such a buffoon and I really dislike him. If I happen to be flipping channels and I see his face on the TV, I immediately change the channel. So no, he doesn't bring me in a viewer when he's on ESPN.

He has a habit of bafoonery with his projections but one thing I do err......did....like about him was his willingness to say what he feels about social issues without feeling the need to conform to any one set group. I dont agree with him but I can respect him speaking his mind. Otherwise, the dude is entertaining when he gets worked up.

Talk radio, tv talk shows on ESPN, I got tired f watching shows like that's why i dont regardless of the sport. However have you ever heard of Jay Pharo on SNL do his Steve Smith impersonation? Hilarious.

Well, there is one show I do watch Inside the NBA. You watch because you never know when Charles Barkley is going to say and you want to be there when he does. Shaq and Kenny are good and Ernie Johnson is the perfect straight man. And you should check out Charles' twitter account and read what he said about Kim Kardashian and Steph Curry. Very funny. Only Charles could say that and get away with it.

Well, there is one show I do watch Inside the NBA. You watch because you never know when Charles Barkley is going to say and you want to be there when he does. Shaq and Kenny are good and Ernie Johnson is the perfect straight man. And you should check out Charles' twitter account and read what he said about Kim Kardashian and Steph Curry. Very funny. Only Charles could say that and get away with it.

Absolutely! Gotta love Chuck! :D

Absolutely! Gotta love Chuck! :D
I enjoy Barkley and Smith, Shaq-not so much. Do you ever watch MLB Tonight on MLB network, especially with Harold Reynolds? Great insight, from all the regular cast. That is, if you are a baseball fan.

And don't become an "enemy" of Steven A. Smith. Again, looking into the camera, do not become a enemy of me.

Smith said something about how Chip Kelley would be a good candidate for Texas if the nfl doesn't work out for him after this season with so many players he let leave i think there was 12 or more.

Thing is, I quit watching him quite a while back because he's such a buffoon and I really dislike him. If I happen to be flipping channels and I see his face on the TV, I immediately change the channel. So no, he doesn't bring me in a viewer when he's on ESPN.

This. Him and Skip Bayless are just annoying TV. If I was forced to watch them or Oprah....I might pick Oprah.

This. Him and Skip Bayless are just annoying TV. If I was forced to watch them or Oprah....I might pick Oprah.
They both are attention getters, nothing more. Just like the rest of you. I don't like watching him because he act like he created the game of basketball or whatever sport he chime in

Is it just me or wouldn't you love to see KD hold SAS down and hover over him with a spit string slowly dropping out of KD's mouth and headed toward SAS face?

Problem is, I think SAS might enjoy it.

SAS is a well-connected NBA insider, then became a caricature for ESPN. I respect his basketball knowledge, but not so much when ventures into football talk.

All the media guys love to think they are the star more than the athletes, and wish they could be Howard Cosell. I understand why folks dislike SAS, but his First take response to KD was classic. It reminded of some of the best wrestling promos from Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, or Arn Anderson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT