ADVERTISEMENT

Stupidest scammers you've encountered?

Jet Peddler

Drunk Randoke's Personal Chef
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2014
Deep in the Heart of Texas
This one may not be the stupidest, but it ranks right up there.

This morning on WhatsApp, out of nowhere I get a message from a supposed chick named Amelia. Of course "her" avatar was that of a smokin' hot 20-something, dressed to attract.

Told me she was in the US Military, originally from Kingwood, TX, stationed in Syria and that she was bored and wanted me to be her friend. Said she'd gotten my number from a mutual acquaintance. Of course "she" couldn't remember off-hand who that acquaintance was.

Well... a quick google revealed her country code (234) was Nigeria. I asked her what kind of phone she had and she replied "It's a military device." Asked her which military and she said "US Army" stationed in "Hood 4 Taxes." No shit.

I replied, "hey scammer, let me give you some tips: before you try scamming someone you need to get your shit together. No sane, good looking young girl searches for friends on WhatsApp. You may want to find a photo of a chick in her 40's a little more casually dressed. No US military is stationed in Syria, so pick another location. Anyone from Fort Hood would certainly know how to spell it, and blatantly using your Nigerian country code is just plain sad. Lastly, before you contact someone from Texas and claim to be from there, you had better know your way around the place."

I then offered to spend a few hours helping her get her ducks in a row to raise her batting average, but she'd need to Western Union me a little money first. I was promptly ghosted.

But not before I gave her @drunk randoke's number and six years of his tax returns.

Any other stupid scammer stories out there?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News