TexAgs post "Am I Just Wearing Maroon Glasses"?

BattleshipTexas

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2001

Am I Just Wearing Maroon Glasses​

For the first time in three seasons, I have a good feeling about the team. The OL is vastly improved. The defense has some studs. The RBs ran hard and fast, and Marcel is electric. The training paradigm in the Army is: crawl, walk, and run. It all starts with the enforcing fundamentals and standards. You must master crawling before walking, then master walking to start running. The team is showing signs of having mastered the fundamentals which harkens a lot of appreciation. Every year I have hope for a better team, but the last two years were infinitely disappointing. However, I am starting to get a good feeling about the program and think and hope the team continues to improve every game. I have not felt like this for a while.

responses:

Keep them on. I am. Ags have a QB.

A QB that can extend plays both by scrambling but also by moving around pocket with his eyes downfield goes a long way to compensating for o line weaknesses. Additionally, the o line in their own right showed great growth.

I've said this on multiple threads but I think it bears repeating. Texas A&M just replaced the head coach, all three coordinators, the S&C coach, and multiple players. They are learning new schemes on both sides of the ball with completely new terminology. Even if they could out talent every team on the schedule, they would still struggle because of how hard it is to learn a completely new system. Elko is also trying to instill a completely new team culture. All of these changes take time to grow roots. I know y'all are sick of the "have patience" platitudes, but in this case it's absolutely necessary. I'll use Texas as my example, because that's my frame of reference. Sark went through all the same growing pains. But he knew that surgery is painful. He ripped the bandaid off and went 5-7, 8-5, and 12-2. Give Mike Elko time to succeed.

Good god, the zoo finds the dumbest sh*t to complain about. The Aggies won their first road game in the last 11 in a hostile environment and there are issues with the HC weight? Bunch of losers around here. We are set up for a nice run, don't know if we will win all of them, but for f's sake, enjoy the win.

We do have the potential to be REALLY good… my only fear is that we will as usual go over board too early and tear it down before it can be built up… we have the makings of a very good QB (what our program has basically lacked for a decade) but he is going to go through growing pains once teams have enough film to gameplan around his (and our offense's) tendencies. We prob have 2 maybe 3 losses still ahead of us. Understand that. And also understand that's really good… considering our roster and considering it's Elko's first year running the program

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.