Texas BASEBALL - 2026 Commit Alert - updated with qoutes

ZachattheDisch

Texas Longhorn Baseball
Gold Member
Jun 1, 2006
Austin, Texas
Brody Bumila, a 6’7” southpaw from Massachusetts, is the new 2026 commit for Texas. With a large frame, broad shoulders, long limbs, and immense potential for physical growth, Bumila boasts a fastball sitting at 92-96 mph with over 2200 rpm spin. His delivery from a low three-quarters slot, combined with pre-release movement, adds considerable deception. Despite his size, he moves well, showcasing a fastball with significant arm-side run and a breaking ball with sweeping action and late bite. Hailing from Raynham, MA, Bumila attends Bishop Feehan High School and is a USA National Team Development Player.

After visiting Texas in mid-September and being impressed by the program and staff, he followed up with a trip to Wake Forest. Ultimately, Texas emerged victorious, securing another high-profile commit for 2026. While the MLB draft poses a potential concern, Bumila's talent and projection make him an undeniable asset.

Quotes from Bumila -

1: I was looking for a school who could continue my development and a school that I think I could win a national championship ! A school where the environment and culture is winning and where the guys are always wanting to compete and be their best! From the minute, I stepped on campus in Austin, a few weeks ago, I found everything I was looking for and absolutely knew it would be home!

2: I had 7 schools on my short list but quickly cut it down to Wake Forest and Texas.

3: On how he made the big jump in velo from last year.
“Fully committing to the game of baseball. This time last year I knew that I wasn’t where I wanted to be so I decided to lock in and it worked. I started working with a sports nutritionist, who helped me put on 80 pounds over the last year. I worked out everyday with my strength coach and pitching coach, getting better but also picking their brains about everything baseball and pitching. And the work paid off. Last October my velo was 85 and now it tops 96.”

4. Chris Sale is who Bumila likes to model his game after.

Last edited:

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.