ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Baseball Q&A - Get to know 2022 Commits (Part 1)

ZachattheDisch

Texas Longhorn Baseball
Gold Member
Jun 1, 2006
Austin, Texas
In the first installment of an on-going piece and to celebrate game-week, we take a look at a few Texas Baseball 2022 commits. Parts 2 and 3 will be coming out soon. Also, look for a season and series preview from myself and @AaronLittleOB the middle of this week. Quotes are in italics below.

Brenner Cox
OF/RHP
6'2", 190 lbs
Rock Hill Blue Hawks (Frisco, TX)
Perfect Game Profile

Brenner is a great young man who is an excellent student. He has hit 93 with his FB with a changeup as his secondary pitch, is in the mid 6.60 in the 60. He has an athletic frame that has room to grow moving forward. He primarily plays outfield for Rock Hill. He has solid footwork that creates line drive contact. As mentioned, he also pitches for Rock Hill and has a nice arm speed and easy release.

Q: What about Texas Baseball (staff, program, playing time, etc.) led you to committing to Texas.
A: "From a young age I have always wanted to be a Longhorn. The winning tradition, alumni, history, culture and school is second to none. Having the opportunity to contribute and be a part of such an incredible organization is a dream come true"

Q: You obviously have played both ways in HS and at a club level. Are you hoping to continue to do so at Texas or has the staff talked to you about where they want to you focus on?
A: "I've always taken the attitude that the team comes first. I trust Coach Piece, Coach Allen and Coach Miller to determine where I can be the most help to win a national championship. I am blessed to have the opportunity to contribute in multiple ways."

Q: What position do you prefer?
A: "Hitting is probably my favorite thing to do, but pitching is a very close second"

Q: As you round out the final season in HS, anything you are especially working on to prep for arrival at Texas?
A: "My focus is purely only doing the best for my team and working toward a state title right now. Playing and competing at a high level will prepare me for entering college. I will be ready to contribute when I arrive"

Q: Any HS player or teams that you are looking forward to going up against this season?
A: "There's not one team or person specifically. However, I do look forward to battling with the state has to offer as often as possible"

Q: When did the recruiting process really start to heat up for you? Where did Texas first see you play?
A: "The summer going into my junior year things started to get interesting. I believe Coach Allen first saw me play in Oklahoma in a FiveTool (shout out to @DustinMcComas) event. It was only a day or so after that he contacted me"

Q: What other schools were on your short list before you made your final decision?
A: "There were a multitude of schools that made offers and I was very appreciative for their time and interest, but Texas was always at the top of the list"

Q: The Longhorns enter the season ranked #1. What are your thoughts on the upcoming season for your future squad?
A: "This is a very talented team with a great leadership group, the very best coaches, staff and fan base. They deserve the national recognition and I believe they are positioned to bring home a National Championship".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News