ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Baseball

We pitch out of a jam in the top of the 3rd and in the bottom of the 3rd clemens plays rock'em sock'em robots and Homers. Not to be outdone, the following batter decides to Homer himself.

Texas up 4-0. Top of 4th coming.

Lead off double by TT and a single to right field scores a run for TT. Top 4. One out. Runner on first. Pop fly to right for out number two.

Two out single to left by Reynolds he's two for two today. Ya..... our 9 hole hitter is ripping their ass.

I hate how baseball gets clever with their pitchers. Our starter was playing phenomenally and wasn't showing any signs of Tenn Tech figuring him out. They pull him out in 6th for what? To go through 2 more pitchers in one inning and walk several batters in a row? Leave him in there until they start hitting him!

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
I hate how baseball gets clever with their pitchers. Our starter was playing phenomenally and wasn't showing any signs of Tenn Tech figuring him out. They pull him out in 6th for what? To go through 2 more pitchers in one inning and walk several batters in a row? Leave him in there until they start hitting him!
Five innings was, oddly enough, the longest he' gone all year.

Thanks to Tenn Tech's 1B d!cking up the pop fly that traveled about 3 feet away from home plate. That is a brutal play for him to have to make.

Parker Joe Robinson is a magician. In and out of trouble!

Bocchi was a long reliever, spot starter all year. His outing today was about as good as you could have hoped for. His best outing this year.

Really would have liked to see Clemens take Roberts deep. Roberts (I believe) was the pitcher after game 1 that did the horns down towards the UT dugout. I believe he was also the one Kody directed his Hook Em to yesterday after he homered. Needless to say, those two probably don't like each other much.

Who was that lipshits from TT that said they would win this series in two games? Wonder what he's talking about now.
The freshman that pitched yesterday. Since he was getting the start in game two he decided to bump his gums a bit........ like aggy would....

Reactions: Metcalf #2
You should see all the trolling on social media right now. Dudes are going back to march and pulling up aggy tweets that dis the horns and are just rage fvcking them on the web.

Loving this Monday afternoon. Your turns, Coach Herman and Coach Smart (or, rather, Shaka's replacement).

utomaha.jpg

Reactions: westx and JHop6714
I see where Texas Tech is in the CWS for the third time in 5 years. They obviously have a solid bb program. What can we expect from them in Omaha?

I see where Texas Tech is in the CWS for the third time in 5 years. They obviously have a solid bb program. What can we expect from them in Omaha?

We're in the tougher part of the bracket.

Florida is defending champ
Tech as you said is here for 3rd time in 5 years
Arkansas is the 5 seed
Texas is here for the 36th time

North Carolina is very good
Oregon State has won nattys
Washington 1st trip
Mississippi St has been lucky (granted they've created much of the fortune)

Honestly I don't think tech has the bats to beat florida. Obviously I hope I'm wrong because I think we match up much better against tech than florida. Let's be honest with ourselves.... I hope tech and florida play 15 innings and tech wins 13-12. Both bullpens would be burned up and if we can slip past Arky, we'd be set up nicely. If tech plays their usual game, Florida will rick roll them..... but if tech can get a good outing from the mound, manufacture a few runs, have a dark horse player blast one out, and catch a break or two, tech can pull it off.

But enough about the west texas aggys...... we've got to get past the pigs first. Arky is going to be tough. They beat us like a Mongolian war drum earlier this year.

Honestly I don't think tech has the bats to beat florida. Obviously I hope I'm wrong because I think we match up much better against tech than florida. Let's be honest with ourselves.... I hope tech and florida play 15 innings and tech wins 13-12. Both bullpens would be burned up and if we can slip past Arky, we'd be set up nicely. If tech plays their usual game, Florida will rick roll them..... but if tech can get a good outing from the mound, manufacture a few runs, have a dark horse player blast one out, and catch a break or two, tech can pull it off.

But enough about the west texas aggys...... we've got to get past the pigs first. Arky is going to be tough. They beat us like a Mongolian war drum earlier this year.

It's not that I'm a TT fan but to equate them with aggies is mean spirited. Nobody's that bad

I was worried about our ability to play at an elite level outside of Austin, and looks like it came to bite us in the end! Still, great season overall and proud to be Big XII champs.

My thoughts from the CWS thread:

Very proud of our baseball team. The talent level was subpar, and definitely not in the top 8. The fact that we put up big fights late in the year and dispatched Texas A&M, Indiana, Tex Southern, and Tenn Tech was impressive. Big wins, peaking at the right time. Getting to Omaha was definitely not expected and really nice to see from this team. The culture has improved, and I really think Coach has been great and making matchups and in-game adjustments.

It's unfortunate the season ended as it did, because in the right environment I really think we could've beaten both Arkansas and Florida. We outplayed Arkansas in pretty much every inning except for that one dismal Armageddon-like showing. Our bullpen, which had been stellar in regional and super-regional play, just completely fell apart and cost us one mortal inning against Arkansas. To make things worse, for some reason our bats didn't make the trip to Omaha. The team really seems to feed off Kody's energy, and he just couldn't figure it out. Perhaps the writing was on the wall when you check our schedule results all season away from Disch-Falk. I was worried we might not be able to play with the same tenacity outside of Austin, and looks like that was correct. It would've been really fun to see that same passion at the CWS, to see Kody blasting hits like he had all June, to see the other batters hit with enthusiasm, and to see our relievers pitch with the same focus. But for some reason, we just couldn't put all the pieces together. I saw enough to believe in Coach though, and with a more talented and more consistent roster, there's no reason we can't be right back here next year and fight farther.

Congrats to the other teams at the CWS, they definitely played better than us when it counted and took advantage of our mistakes.

Hook 'em.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT