ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Basketball vs Iowa State

mfordham11

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
Ahead of tomorrow night's game, anybody know how the Horns match up against Iowa State this year?? Haven't been able to watch the Cyclones this year.

our team has definitely regressed this year. losing our PG and bigs has been more than we can make up.

although iowa state is 9-4, the 4 losses came by 2 points @ #11 Gonzaga, by 1 point in OT against a 12-2 Cincy team, by 14 at Iowa (their only bad loss) and by 2 points @ #2 Baylor.

Doesn't look good but college basketball is streakier than any other sport. One hot or cold night from a single player can change the entire game.

Reactions: mfordham11
Playing timid and young. Definitely needs another year to mature and add weight/develop.

It would be good if Jacob Young didn't get another minute the rest of the season. Nothing against him, but, he just isn't ready. Too many bad decisions and his scoring ability isn't good enough to justify his minutes and liability in the other facets of the game. JMHO.

Thanks to Mack and Roach. They seem to be 90% of our game.

The big 3 men's UT sports programs (football, basketball, & baseball) have been bad lately. We need to start winning soon.
It is frustrating. After the football nightmare this year, I was looking forward to basketball. LOL, well, I guess it is time to look forward to baseball. I am not giving up on our basketball team so early-If they continue to improve, it will be fun watching these young players mature into a very solid team either by the end of this year or next.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
It is frustrating. After the football nightmare this year, I was looking forward to basketball. LOL, well, I guess it is time to look forward to baseball. I am not giving up on our basketball team so early-If they continue to improve, it will be fun watching these young players mature into a very solid team either by the end of this year or next.
Winning will be on track again with all 3, I have faith. Winning & losing are contagious.

Reactions: swVAHorn
My frustration is that we have so much raw talent, dare I say nearly as much as KU but I don't see much growth in their game. Looking at the development of Allen v Jackson at KU (granted different positions) both with similar rankings, and see how Jackson is excelling and Allen seems to be struggling makes me question coaching.

This team was built with the idea of having Taylor back for his Sr season. When that didn't happen it was gonna be a rough year.

Reactions: BJ70
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT