ADVERTISEMENT

Texas continues to stand out to blue chip DB

Cole Patterson

Gold Member
Jul 21, 2021
FoKkR5YX0AMF1HI.jpeg
Jordon Johnson-Rubell is no stranger to Texas. In fact, before the IMG Academy defensive back moved out to Bradenton, Florida, he was playing prep ball at Brewer in the Ft. Worth area.

Now playing for the powerhouse in the Sunshine State, Johnson-Rubell is one of the premier defensive back prospects in his class. With offers stretching from coast to coast, the four-star is wanted by major programs and some of the best coaches that college football has to offer.

“IMG has improved my work ethic and my football IQ,” Johnson-Rubell said. “Before getting to IMG, I didn’t know very many coverages. Now, I know the majority of coverages and how to read and do different things that I didn’t do before.”

Texas is among the programs squarely in the mix for the Rivals100 recruit. Steve Sarkisian and the Longhorns have hosted Johnson-Rubell on campus multiple times and have emerged as a serious contender in his recruitment.

“They want me,” Johnson-Rubell told Orangebloods about the Longhorns. “They run the same defense that we run at IMG, so it would be a smooth transition over there at Texas.”

Sarkisian and safeties coach Blake Gideon have targeted Johnson-Rubell on the recruiting trail in a big way. Gideon made it out to Florida in January to check out the four-star and catch up with him. That stood out to the safety.

“Coach Gideon came to my practice twice in one week,” said Johnson-Rubell. “He was there on Thursday and then came back the next Tuesday. We have a great bond and a great relationship. I have a great relationship with coach Sark as well.”

Johnson-Rubell recently visited USC and is looking to get out to Oregon and Ohio State in the spring. Return trips to Texas and TCU are also likely as the process moves forward. He would like to be committed before September.

Jordon Johnson-Rubell is rated as a 6.0 prospect and ranked as the No. 23 recruit in the 2024 recruiting cycle, per Rivals. He is the No. 7 player in Florida and the No. 2 safety nationally.

Attachments

• FoKkR5YX0AMF1HI.jpeg
    FoKkR5YX0AMF1HI.jpeg
    191.5 KB · Views: 2,629
This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

Attachments

• 1675780867760.png
    1675780867760.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News