ADVERTISEMENT

Texas hosting three midweek DB visitors

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
We've had individual posts on these guys in the recruiting thread, but for those that may have missed it, Texas will host three DBs on midweek official visits beginning today.

Tilmon is a new name to the UT radar after picking up an offer on June 3. I wrote about him in my 3-2-1 column a couple weeks ago and this one feels to me like he's a guy fans should be paying more attention to. He's still committed to SMU but is exploring other options, including a recent trip to Utah, a program whose evaluations I always pay attention to. Texas and a couple other in-state programs are working to get Tilmon away from SMU and the Longhorns would seem to be the odds-on favorite for the safety who has clocked a 10.71 100 meters.

“You can’t just let a school like Texas just fly by you," Tilmon said after UT offered. "You have to go see what they’re talking about, see what they’re offering.”

I remember when Lee visited UT for a junior day back in January of 2023 and talking to him afterword and he didn't pick up a Texas offer. That was a bit surprising, but Texas did officially enter the race in the fall of last year for the nation's No. 30-ranked player overall. He's already visited Washington, Texas A&M and Georgia. Texas this week and Alabama will host him this weekend.

Lee is scheduled to announce a decision on June 28. Alabama seems to be the team leading this race and with the Tide getting the last visit, that would seem to bode well for their already-strong chances. We'll see if Texas can move the needle this weekend.

There are a small handful of recruitments every cycle that are really tough to read, and Brew definitely fits that bill in this 2024 group. He and his circle keep an airtight lid on information regarding his recruitment so it's been really tough to get a read on which way he might be leaning. Brew has been to LSU, he's been to USC, he's been to Oregon. His Texas visit starts this afternoon and then Ohio State will get the last crack at hosting him this weekend. A lot has been made at times about Brew having ties to Ohio State and LSU, but I can't honestly say I have a good read on how much of an impact those connections will have. I would expect Texas to impress this weekend ... the staff always does ... but I doubt we'll hear many public comments coming out of Brew following this (or any other visit). This one feels like it'll be a recruitment that whenever Brew announces, it'll hold a lot of intrigue for all the schools involved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News