ADVERTISEMENT

Texas' intro music for home football games

Def Leppard was the first rock cd my dad ever gave me, still listen to hysteria to this day. But Van Halen is my fav hair metal group.
Ok so from the VH fans (I’m one of them also) which song do you go with for the walk in? They got a lot of great songs but which one is the rile up “we’re gonna kick ass tonight” song? It’s gonna have to be one of the DLR songs. Which one? Or do you just go with eruption?

Ok so from the VH fans (I’m one of them also) which song do you go with for the walk in? They got a lot of great songs but which one is the rile up “we’re gonna kick ass tonight” song? It’s gonna have to be one of the DLR songs. Which one? Or do you just go with eruption?
I don't think van Halen has a good intro song personally. I want Metallica for whom the bell tolls or maybe Pantera walk

VH is not a hair band.
My very first concert was in Houston at the old Sam Houston Colosseum to see them in 1981.
Intro song? Maybe “And the cradle will rock”. The opening riff is good. Or Eruption.

Intro... These guys are from Arlington, Tx. I'm sure some of you remember them.. They played every Friday at Joe's Garage in West Fort Worth in the 80's.

Turn it up and scare your neighbors, I dare you, lol. ~ Dimebag could shred.

Last edited:
Reactions: hookem777
If you’re going the Pantera route, this is the song. I’m all for something new. Just about everything has been done so far, we need something original. I’d prefer it to be someone or band from Texas.

Last edited:
Reactions: hookem777
Intro... These guys are from Arlington, Tx. I'm sure some of you remember them.. They played every Friday at Joe's Garage in West Fort Worth in the 80's.

Turn it up and scare your neighbors, I dare you, lol. ~ Dimebag could shred.

Definitely know Pantera. Excellent song there. And amazingly no droppings of “ bitches or hoes, cop killing and racist” spewing.
Ever heard of “Steel Panther”? A parody rock group covering hair bands….and a dirty one at that. Look them up and the song “The shocker”.

What if someone performed VooDoo Child live instead of a recording….
While I think it would be COOL AS HELL to have somebody standing in the end zone playing it live, sound quality and timing is too hard to control in that environment. Repeatability is key for a regular intro so I think they’d have to stick to the big screen. With SRV’s connection to Austin, that just seems like a perfect fit.

Voodoo Chile played live by Eric Johnson (native and lifelong Austinite).

There’s a VH song that instantly comes to mind for a stadium entrance, but it’s obscure.

Me Wise Magic. It was one of just a couple of songs they did with DLR when they first reunited in 1996. Believe me when I say it kicks an ungodly amount of ass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT