ADVERTISEMENT

Texas One Fund Spring Update

AgaveHorn

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2008
Austin, Texas
chinookseedery.com
If you are on the fence about getting involved, I wanted to provide a quick Spring/Summer update on some of the results the Fund had a part in:

- There was no major attrition on the roster for Texas football, much like umpires/referees, we are doing a phenomenal job when you don't hear any news.
- Texas basketball has completely reloaded its roster with high quality guys that want to be Longhorns and came here understanding there would be opportunities in Austin
- Texas baseball had a plan and used available resources to provide alternative opportunities and ultimately brought back: Tanner Witt Jr., Lebarron Johnson, Porter Brown, Peyton Powell, Charlie Hurley, and Jack O'Dowd

Follow our social media accounts (@texasonefund) to get a better understanding of the civic work our student-athletes are doing in the community every single day. It is a herculean task organizing and we have one employee, Charity Grady, who is absolutely crushing it. Charity was former On Campus Recruiting Director for Florida State University.

As great a Spring as we have had, we still have very limited participation from Longhorn Nation, if you believe someone else is going to step in for you, I ask you to reconsider and get involved. The conference we are going into does not operate with this mindset, they are all in. It might be easy to argue that folks supporting LSU or other SEC schools have less activities competing for their discretionary income but the reality is that it doesn't matter and on the economic scale from the wealthiest to the working class fans, they are signed up and believe they are making a difference.

If you have a small business, large business, control marketing spend for your company, please get involved and contact us for easy ideas to implement and help facilitate. There is hundreds of thousands of us in Longhorn Nation and we can really make a difference in our student-athlete's lives, the Central Texas community and our student-athletes can do great things for your businesses and brands.

Below is a strong message from Kenny Dillingham at Arizona State regarding NIL that I have begun to co-opt in my messages to potential donors:

Our new website is live, please check it out and spread via social media.

Texas One Fund

Lastly, we have the inaugural Night of Champions Gala coming up to celebrate volleyball and the reigning National Champions on 9/1 at AT&T Executive and Conference Center.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News