ADVERTISEMENT

***** TEXAS-OU GAME THREAD*****

And if Riley should happen to leave for the NFL, then what happens?
Not happening for at least another 5-6yrs if that. He's a great offensive mind and would thrive in the NFL imo but outsiders really dont understand how much he loves cfb and the recruiting aspect and the family vibes, he's that kind of guy. Plus the job security. He's just started head coaching three yrs ago and he wants to be THAT GUY in college first and he knows he's almost there. He wont make too much more money in the NFL and he'll be on the hot seat if he doesnt thrive instantly, with him being the genuis we all know he is it'll be expected. But you guys keep dreaming if it helps you sleep (pun intended) , we'll stay unbothered.

Not happening for at least another 5-6yrs if that He's a great offensive mind and would thrive in the NFL but outsiders really dont understand how much he loves cfb and the recruiting and the job security. He's just getting started head coaching three yrs ago and he wants to be THAT GUY and he knows he's almost there. He wont make too much more money in the NFL and he'll be on the hot seat if he doesnt thrive instantly, with him being the genuis we all know he is it'll be expected. But you guys keep dreaming if it helps you sleep (pun intended) , we'll stay unbothered.

You don't know any of that. You just HOPE that an NFL team doesn't throw a ton of money at him and/or, he wants the challenge of coaching in the league. He's not married to 0U. Now, run along back to your $ooner board before you get run off here. =)roll

Thanks for the 5 year loan. No way yall beat us in the near future with riley having rattler and vandagriff to work with in the coming years. If rattler was playing im sure he would have thrown for 400 today, Hurts had his worse game in an OU uniform.
Not happening for at least another 5-6yrs if that. He's a great offensive mind and would thrive in the NFL imo but outsiders really dont understand how much he loves cfb and the recruiting aspect and the family vibes, he's that kind of guy. Plus the job security. He's just started head coaching three yrs ago and he wants to be THAT GUY in college first and he knows he's almost there. He wont make too much more money in the NFL and he'll be on the hot seat if he doesnt thrive instantly, with him being the genuis we all know he is it'll be expected. But you guys keep dreaming if it helps you sleep (pun intended) , we'll stay unbothered.

Wow by the way you talk you would think he is your best friend and you actually know him on a personal level. You have no clue what you are talking about. If some NFL team throws their big checkbook at him you better believe his ass is gone.

Reactions: LonghornMM
My kids and I were there. It looked worse in person. Believe me. What is up with our punt and kick returners judgement today???? Our offense didn’t look for many shots downfield. Looked as tho we hoped to throw to the sidelines to make yards. The whole texas side was in disbelief. Not sure if you heard on tv but in the 3rd quarter when Devin fair caught it in the end zone instead of running it out the entire texas half erupted in cheers.

Thanks for the 5 year loan. No way yall beat us in the near future with riley having rattler and vandagriff to work with in the coming years. If rattler was playing im sure he would have thrown for 400 today, Hurts had his worse game in an OU uniform.
Yeah right. I dont see any readymade heisman transfers available for yall next year. However I do know a team with an excellent qb likely coming back for his Senior yr. We'll do fine this season and I'd lay down a nice wager that we not only take back the old hat, but we smash ou and have our #2 qb playing most of the 4th qtr.

New QBs take time to mature brotha..... we know this all too well.

They all trash! Just here to gloat. F em all!

I would have come to give congratulations (just like last year)

Only this time I am here to retrieve my pound of flesh vs give it over. Tis the natural order of the cotton bowl aftermath.

With respect... BOOMER!

Yeah right. I dont see any readymade heisman transfers available for yall next year. However I do know a team with an excellent qb likely coming back for his Senior yr. We'll do fine this season and I'd lay down a nice wager that we not only take back the old hat, but we smash ou and have our #2 qb playing most of the 4th qtr.

New QBs take time to mature brotha..... we know this all too well.
Didnt take hurts long. And mayfeild and hurts were'nt the talent spencer is. Im not just blowing smoke, he's going to be CRAZY GOOD.

Reactions: Byerly08
And if Riley should happen to leave for the NFL, then what happens?

Not happening in the near future. He's a demi-god at OU, and in the college football culture. Plus there are huge built in advantages coaching at a blue blood school, vs. the razor-thin margins for victory in the NFL.

But Riley is still only 36. Maybe after 10 or 12 years at the college level, things might get stale, and at that point he would try his luck in the NFL.

Not happening in the near future. He's a demi-god at OU, and in the college football culture. Plus there are huge built in advantages coaching at a blue blood school, vs. the razor-thin margins for victory in the NFL.

But Riley is still only 36. Maybe after 10 or 12 years at the college level, things might get stale, and at that point he would try his luck in the NFL.

Again, another $ooner fan who knows nothing and is being a biased fan. He might leave. He might stay. But you know nothing about Riley and what he might do.

Again, another $ooner fan who knows nothing and is being a biased fan. He might leave. He might stay. But you know nothing about Riley and what he might do.

I mean you're right that I don't know Riley personally or anything. I should have put "in my opinion".

But don't you agree that generally, coaching in the NFL, which does a pretty good job of creating parity, is a more challenging proposition than coaching at blue blood college school?

Why risk all the great things Riley has working for him in Norman, to go to Dallas for example, where he might inherent some talent, but then the whole team could fall apart in just a year or two? That's what happens in the NFL (except in clam chowder country). It's really easy to go from 11-5 to 7-9 with just one bad FA period.

I mean you're right that I don't know Riley personally or anything. I should have put "in my opinion".

But don't you agree that generally, coaching in the NFL, which does a pretty good job of creating parity, is a more challenging proposition than coaching at blue blood college school?

Why risk all the great things Riley has working for him in Norman, to go to Dallas for example, where he might inherent some talent, but then the whole team could fall apart in just a year or two? That's what happens in the NFL (except in clam chowder country). It's really easy to go from 11-5 to 7-9 with just one bad FA period.

He's going to consider the NFL because CFB is just as volatile as the NFL. If he never brings home a MNC and keeps choking in the CFP year after year....yeah, they'll start questioning whether he could ever get it done. Young college coaches have to strike while the iron is hot, while their star is still shining. One bad season and his NFL dreams may never materialize.

Several reasons why a coach like Riley would consider leaving. Better opportunity. More money. More prestige. A bigger challenge. Better city to live in. Bigger stage. Successful coaches at the CFB level have big egos and are all type A personalities. Most aren't content with the status quo. Riley may or may not leave 0U, but don't think that he doesn't consider leaving for a better opportunity. 0U isn't the end-all of coaching jobs.

Have you not seen all of the penalties called against OU? It’s the reason you’ve been moving the ball. Penalties happen

Right, just like the pick play on the 1st TD that wasn't called. Obvious offensive pass interference that was missed. That's the way it goes sometimes.

They all trash! Just here to gloat. F em all!

I've probably banned at least 30 or 40 $ooner trash talking trolls today with one post to their name. Complete tools who didn't have the maturity or stones to register and have some meaningful discussion here BEFORE the game. They waited until AFTER the game when the win was safe and secure. They couldn't wait to register here to run their mouths and try to use OB as their stage to do nothing but talk trash Texas and show how immature that they are. Not going to happen here! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

Hook'em!

Several reasons why a coach like Riley would consider leaving. Better opportunity. More money. More prestige. A bigger challenge. Better city to live in. Bigger stage. Successful coaches at the CFB level have big egos and are all type A personalities. Most aren't content with the status quo. Riley may or may not leave 0U, but don't think that he doesn't consider leaving for a better opportunity. 0U isn't the end-all of coaching jobs.

You seem hopeful. Maybe the OU job isn’t bad as you seem to hope it is.

Reactions: theSeanDon
I've probably banned at least 30 or 40 $ooner trash talking trolls today with one post to their name. Complete tools who didn't have the maturity or stones to register and have some meaningful discussion here BEFORE the game. They waited until AFTER the game when the win was safe and secure. They couldn't wait to register here to run their mouths and try to use OB as their stage to do nothing but talk trash Texas and show how immature that they are. Not going to happen here! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

Hook'em!

What's fascinating to me is that these are grown men doing this. Most are probably married, have children, mortgage and other responsibilities. If their wives and kids knew what they were doing, they would be ashamed and embarrassed - if not already. It's a sign of not just a lack of maturity but a true deep insecurity about themselves. Very easy to diagnose if you've taken a basic psychology course.

My kids and I were there. It looked worse in person. Believe me. What is up with our punt and kick returners judgement today???? Our offense didn’t look for many shots downfield. Looked as tho we hoped to throw to the sidelines to make yards. The whole texas side was in disbelief. Not sure if you heard on tv but in the 3rd quarter when Devin fair caught it in the end zone instead of running it out the entire texas half erupted in cheers.

Field position was a huge issue. I don't know why with the new rules that everyone doesn't fair catch every kick off. devin was trying to be a hero and break one. However, i would rather had the ball on the 25 every time instead of the 5 or 10.

And Bob Stoops was going to be a short termer at OU too. In 2002 it was Fla. Later Notre Dame. Lots of pro rumors. But he heard from his pal Steve Spurrier what a snake pit the NFL was. And lasted 18 years. No OU fan is sweating losing Riley to the pros for many years.

And Bob Stoops was going to be a short termer at OU too. In 2002 it was Fla. Later Notre Dame. Lots of pro rumors. But he heard from his pal Steve Spurrier what a snake pit the NFL was. And lasted 18 years. No OU fan is sweating losing Riley to the pros for many years.

not so fast my friend. He hasn't done anything. He's won the exact number of national championships as TH - zero. Stools won one shortly after taking over. If he hadn't won that one no way he lasts as long as he did. OU hasn't even won the Big 12 yet this year. Let's see how the season plays out. We still have another shot at payback.

The world has changed since the Stoops era. Riley won’t be able to sweep the Mixon, Westbrook and other female assaults under the rug and keep them on the roster.

The world has changed since the Stoops era. Riley won’t be able to sweep the Mixon, Westbrook and other female assaults under the rug and keep them on the roster.

If that’s the case then he should give up coaching in general. The nfl is full of much worse dudes. When players screw up in the nfl, you lose the player, the cap space, and you get nothing in return via trade. In college you simply take out the trash and fill the scholarship with another 4 or 5 star.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT