ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs Ou thread

ALL eyes will be on the RRS this weekend
qHHovta.jpg

Great so far, and right on point with my "noted" extended prediction. It's a rebuild year. Too bad you have to lie to try to make a point and then you promptly got exposed. You don't ever get away from that characteristic. If I'm wrong in any prediction I make, I've been a standup guy on here for years, you've been here a couple years maybe tops and are getting known for all the wrong reasons.
I’ve been here for over 10 years. I got locked out of my old name.

You sucked off Venables and Lebby all summer long and now it’s coming back to bite you in the ass because they aren’t what you thought they were.

How did I lie? I just went and found one of your old posts from back in the summer lol. It’s word for word what do you said. You just can’t take the heat that’s all.

All fun and games when you are trolling somebody else but when the tables are turned you want to take your ball and go home.

I’ve been here for over 10 years. I got locked out of my old name.

You sucked off Venables and Lebby all summer long and now it’s coming back to bite you in the ass because they aren’t what you thought they were.

How did I lie? I just went and found one of your old posts from back in the summer lol. It’s word for word what do you said. You just can’t take the heat that’s all.

All fun and games when you are trolling somebody else but when the tables are turned you want to take your ball and go home.
Son, get along with a psychiatrist.

• Haha
Reactions: Belldozer1
I don't know. Although I believe Ewers to eventually be a great qb and from what we have seen our most talented on campus, Card took a huge step forward in maturity against WVU.

It wasn't perfect or Heisman-esk but if he can consistantly play like that, I don't see Sark rushing Ewers back in unless Card stumbles. On the flip side, Card has been gimpy and likely could use a couple weeks off. Your guess on who starts in Dallas is as good as any of ours.

Card finally completed a pass beyond 10 yards. Missed several others. Still consistently misses open options on what should be simple reads.

He has guts and toughness. He isn’t a P5 QB at a school that has natty aspirations.

If Ewers is healthy this offense is exponentially better.

Card finally completed a pass beyond 10 yards. Missed several others. Still consistently misses open options on what should be simple reads.

He has guts and toughness. He isn’t a P5 QB at a school that has natty aspirations.

If Ewers is healthy this offense is exponentially better.
He left 21 points on the field easily the other night. The 2 wheel routes he missed to Roschon and the deep ball to X. I’m sure there were a couple more. I thought Saturday night was the best game he had played but it still wasn’t that great.

From what I’m reading it doesn’t sound like Gabriel is going to play. Especially with all the Tua stuff that has happened in the last week I would be really surprised if he does.

That being said I expect a beat down if Ewers is playing. We owe them!

He left 21 points on the field easily the other night. The 2 wheel routes he missed to Roschon and the deep ball to X. I’m sure there were a couple more. I thought Saturday night was the best game he had played but it still wasn’t that great.

I will say this though. I feel much more comfortable with him as the backup/emergency QB than I did a few weeks ago.

Seems everyone is more on the same page about what he can do well and his glaring weaknesses. Coaches, receivers, himself.

From what I’m reading it doesn’t sound like Gabriel is going to play. Especially with all the Tua stuff that has happened in the last week I would be really surprised if he does.

That being said I expect a beat down if Ewers is playing. We owe them!
Quinn is available?

Chance for your side for revenge for some of those terrible beat downs of the early 00s. We're in total free fall right now and I cant' see how this game stays competitive for more than two minutes.
Don't buy it. Remembering Charley Strong's greatest victory. Thought that one would be over by the end of the first quarter,

Reactions: westx
Don't buy it. Remembering Charley Strong's greatest victory. Thought that one would be over by the end of the first quarter,
Yeah It’s Texas-OU, you never know what the hell’s gonna happen. I remember going hog hunting instead of watching Case McCoy embarrass us. My gf called me and said, “babe, Texas is kicking OU’s ass.” I thought she was fvckin’ with me so I didn’t say anything, just hung up and turned my phone off. Lol

Reactions: okiehorn and westx
I will say this though. I feel much more comfortable with him as the backup/emergency QB than I did a few weeks ago.

Seems everyone is more on the same page about what he can do well and his glaring weaknesses. Coaches, receivers, himself.
Card is only a sophomore and his issues are fixable regarding not connecting on the long ball and throwing the ball away if nobody is open. With a little time and experience he will not only process his reads faster and deliver the ball more confidentally, but will learn when to use his speed. I know his ankle is injured, but the team would benefit from Card running the ball 2-3 more times per game.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
I just read a stat the higher ranked team has won 19 of the last 24 RRS. So take that for what's it worth. I don't really know who's ranked higher at this point because we are both out of the top 25.

Card is only a sophomore and his issues are fixable regarding not connecting on the long ball and throwing the ball away if nobody is open. With a little time and experience he will not only process his reads faster and deliver the ball more confidentally, but will learn when to use his speed. I know his ankle is injured, but the team would benefit from Card running the ball 2-3 more times per game.

Arm strength is not fixable west. It's just not. He isn't going to be the QB at the University of Texas long term.

He's had plenty of time to show progress in how fast he can process a defense. Card is successful because Texas is calling plays that either have zero read, or very easy reads...like the RPO triple option...which is a sweet play btw.

Card will never be able to sit and process 3-4 man routes at multiple levels. He just won't.

Love the kid and his grit. I'll happily eat crow if he leads Texas to a conference title and/or natty. But I don't see it.

Wonder if @Belldozer1 remembers saying this one lol

[IMG alt="Belldozer1"]https://rivals-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/forums/texas/data/avatars/m/27/27872.jpg?1484254345[/IMG]

Belldozer1

Well-Known Member​

Now when you say sleeper team what exactly are you meaning? They won’t be competing for the conference probably middl of the pack if I had to guess/ Baylor about to get reminded of the pecking order this year; soft Riley is gone.

im already on record saying OU’s offense under Venables will be statistically better this year than under Riley’s 5th year as the OU coach. Pathetic No doubt OU defense will be better. I make my predictions well known beforehand not after the fact like some folks on this board. It's happening btw

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
I said TT would overachieve and win 8 games I never said they would win the Big XII.

And as far as Baylor goes I did pick them to win the Big XII. They got a good team and Aranda is a good coach. But they lost to many skill players from last year.

heres a fun fact/piss you off/ should make you want Texas to fkin drop 60 on blowu Saturday?

Wanna know the last time Texas was Favored against BlowU??

Anyone?

TWO THOUSAND FKING NINE.....

You know the thing about OK's offense is they have so many explosive plays. It's why they came from way behind so many times in the LR era and it's what kept them close in the KSU game.

Most explosive plays for teams is 20+. At OK it's 30+. Baylor held them to just a few and that's one reason why they won. But against TCU they only had 1. It's 1 reason why OK got blown out.

I don't know what TCU did and last year Baylor had somebody spying on Williams.

What I'm trying to ask you former players can we do what Baylor and TCU did to limit their big play capability? We never did it in the LR era.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT