ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs Ou thread

Here's a pretty cool breakdown of Quinn in the OU game. You can see he easily left 14-21 points on the field. It's scary to think how good our offense can be if comes out and plays a perfect game.

First play in video - agree 100% as the read was correct, maybe a tick late in delivery but he for sure trusted his arm too much
2nd play in the video - didn't notice in game, but this was a 2 man route against 6 in coverage and QB spy. Just incredible concept from Sark and company and what a terrific route by Whitt
3rd play - similar concept as play 2, but RoJo is in the flat. Combo of man/zone from OU with X drawing a double team. Looked like all 3 receivers had man coverage with a deep 1/3rds...hard to know for sure. Damn Whitt can run a crisp whip route
4th play - This is why I say the narrative that a QB MUST get their feet set to be accurate is way overrated. Footwork is important, but not the most important. As far as the play he describes it perfectly. I used to call that motion boomerang. Ewers recognized the blitz from deep as well as the LOS and delivered the ball timely.

Not that anyone gives a shit, but I'll watch the rest and give my opinion...really more for me and just putting my thoughts down than anything, LOLOLOL

First play in video - agree 100% as the read was correct, maybe a tick late in delivery but he for sure trusted his arm too much
2nd play in the video - didn't notice in game, but this was a 2 man route against 6 in coverage and QB spy. Just incredible concept from Sark and company and what a terrific route by Whitt
3rd play - similar concept as play 2, but RoJo is in the flat. Combo of man/zone from OU with X drawing a double team. Looked like all 3 receivers had man coverage with a deep 1/3rds...hard to know for sure. Damn Whitt can run a crisp whip route
4th play - This is why I say the narrative that a QB MUST get their feet set to be accurate is way overrated. Footwork is important, but not the most important. As far as the play he describes it perfectly. I used to call that motion boomerang. Ewers recognized the blitz from deep as well as the LOS and delivered the ball timely.

Not that anyone gives a shit, but I'll watch the rest and give my opinion...really more for me and just putting my thoughts down than anything, LOLOLOL
It really is just fun to watch an elite QB that can diagnose like Quinn can. There's at least 5 throws in that video that never get made if Card is in the game. That game was just proof of how much differently this offense operates with Quinn in the game. It opens up the whole playbook. And the connection he has with JT Sanders is on another level. Those 2 are going to put up big numbers the rest of the year and next season as well.

Re watching it a couple of times now just shows how great of an offensive mind Sark really is. He was on a different level in that game. The best game he has called in his time here at Texas.

I'm excited to see how we play this week against a really good Iowa State defense.

Side Note: We are averaging 4.5 points per drive when Quinn is under center. The number 1 offense in the nation is Ohio State and they are at 4.4 points per drive. So in other words we are the most efficient offense in the country when Quinn is playing.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Speaking of OU. Baker Mayfield is stinking it up. He has the lowest QBR in the NFL and just threw a pick 6. This might be his last year in the league.

It really is just fun to watch an elite QB that can diagnose like Quinn can. There's at least 5 throws in that video that never get made if Card is in the game. That game was just proof of how much differently this offense operates with Quinn in the game. It opens up the whole playbook. And the connection he has with JT Sanders is on another level. Those 2 are going to put up big numbers the rest of the year and next season as well.

Re watching it a couple of times now just shows how great of an offensive mind Sark really is. He was on a different level in that game. The best game he has called in his time here at Texas.

I'm excited to see how we play this week against a really good Iowa State defense.

Side Note: We are averaging 4.5 points per drive when Quinn is under center. The number 1 offense in the nation is Ohio State and they are at 4.4 points per drive. So in other words we are the most efficient offense in the country when Quinn is playing.
Credit goes to Bijan and Roschon. But then I'm opinionated when it Ewers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT