ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs Rice (baseball series)

utisdabomb12

Aug 12, 2013
It will be a nice 4 game series to start the season. Rice is ranked in the top 20 in most polls, so it will certainly be a test on the road. I would honestly be happy with a split, anything else would be gravy. 2 RPI wins to start the season would be nice. We have a habit of starting the season slow so hopefully that isn't the case this year (we lost the first two games of the Cal series last year).

Rice returns 5 starters in the field, 2 weekend starters, 1 mid week starter, and 5 "key relievers". Rice returns a bunch of arms but it did lose 4 of its 5 top hitters from last year.

I've read that Gurwitz and Boswell are a little banged up, but should be ready to go this weekend. John Duplantier, starting pitcher for Rice, will be held out this weekend because of arm soreness.

Rice returns some serious arms, but they might struggle a little bit with the bats early in the season. From what I've read Rice has struggled big time with the bats during Spring intrasquads. This series will come down to which team manufactures some runs IMO.

This post was edited on 2/13 3:13 AM by utisdabomb12

Soggy Burrito likes to tinker with the line up early on the season to see what he's got to play with. The guys been doing that forever. But rest assured he'll have a stellar lineup when conf play begins. The Big 12 comes down to tcu and us. Tcu is going to be loaded this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT