ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs TT ( Non Political) Football Game Thread

If I may, you are correct. We have 7 wins in the column and one of those was in impressive fashion (usc) but the others were lacking style points. Now, before you say "you don't win games with style points", I agree. But I am noticing a very problematic trend that is developing.

A really good team, when they have you down, they step on your neck. A great team, when they have you down, they drop 60 on you just for bothering them on a beautiful Saturday. "The sun's out, my girlfriend wanted to put on her bikini and sit by the pool--- I could be drinking beers with my chick and my bros.... but NOOOO. You clowns drug me out here with your weak ass football team so now I'm going to hang 60 on you...".
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's what a killer thinks like.

We lack killers. We lack stone cold, ice water for blood, beat your momma with a claw hammer, killers.

Killers don't allow a team that's down 17 with 7 minutes to play, BACK into a game. What makes a killer? Attitude. Confidence. Mean streak. Disdain. Just general badassery.

When we win (and yes, I'm still with you. A win is a win) there needs to be a message sent. Why? Because now, every swinging d!ck in college football that must play us will look around and say "dudes! We may be down 17 in the fourth quarter, but if TECH can come back on these guy, so can WE!".
That's hope. Without meaning to do so, your actions have inspired hope to further opponents. There should be no hope. None.

Many coaches and players rah rah about "never give up! Keep fighting! Push through!" but that's all bullsh!t. People quit. All the time. Teams quit. Why?

No sign of hope.

We have been sending not signs, but signal flares of hope to every team on our schedule, all year. "Don't worry if you get down to Texas, you can always come back." And it shouldn't be that way.
Teams should KNOW that once we get our hand around your throat (like we did to tech with 7 minutes to go) it's time for Vundersex. We are going to choke you out David Carradine style and leave you lifeless in a pool of your own urine and excrement.
I know that doesn't sound nice and maybe a bit harsh to some of you, but that's the difference in being a sportsman, or a fvcking killer.

We must learn to be killers. Otherwise, you've got a lot more seesaw Saturdays ahead of you. Some we will win, some we will lose.

I'm done.
I could not agree more. Exactly how I think & why I get so frustrated every Saturday. I graduated in December 2005 & we had killers then.

Boyd takes the best receiver from the opposing team on purpose. Boyd is a Thorpe award finalist. He has been beaten this year but apparently he's been beaten a lot less than others.
Boyd & Thorpe are 2 words that do not belong in the same sentence. We let 5/10 teams drop at least 34 on us this season.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
If I may, you are correct. We have 7 wins in the column and one of those was in impressive fashion (usc) but the others were lacking style points. Now, before you say "you don't win games with style points", I agree. But I am noticing a very problematic trend that is developing.

A really good team, when they have you down, they step on your neck. A great team, when they have you down, they drop 60 on you just for bothering them on a beautiful Saturday. "The sun's out, my girlfriend wanted to put on her bikini and sit by the pool--- I could be drinking beers with my chick and my bros.... but NOOOO. You clowns drug me out here with your weak ass football team so now I'm going to hang 60 on you...".
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We lack killers. We lack stone cold, ice water for blood, beat your momma with a claw hammer, killers.

Killers don't allow a team that's down 17 with 7 minutes to play, BACK into a game. What makes a killer? Attitude. Confidence. Mean streak. Disdain. Just general badassery.

When we win (and yes, I'm still with you. A win is a win) there needs to be a message sent. Why? Because now, every swinging d!ck in college football that must play us will look around and say "dudes! We may be down 17 in the fourth quarter, but if TECH can come back on these guy, so can WE!".
That's hope. Without meaning to do so, your actions have inspired hope to further opponents. There should be no hope. None.

Many coaches and players rah rah about "never give up! Keep fighting! Push through!" but that's all bullsh!t. People quit. All the time. Teams quit. Why?

No sign of hope.

We have been sending not signs, but signal flares of hope to every team on our schedule, all year. "Don't worry if you get down to Texas, you can always come back." And it shouldn't be that way.
Teams should KNOW that once we get our hand around your throat (like we did to tech with 7 minutes to go) it's time for Vundersex. We are going to choke you out David Carradine style and leave you lifeless in a pool of your own urine and excrement.
I know that doesn't sound nice and maybe a bit harsh to some of you, but that's the difference in being a sportsman, or a fvcking killer.

We must learn to be killers. Otherwise, you've got a lot more seesaw Saturdays ahead of you. Some we will win, some we will lose.

I'm done.

Post of the Year.

You said you were going to elaborate on some offensive and defensive issues this week, right? Still planning to do that in the next few days?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No sign of hope.

I'm done.

I didn’t think that guy would have the balls to call you an idiot like he did me. But, your point was exactly what I was getting at. You gotta slam the door shut on teams when you have them down. It’s one thing to have a team come back on you every once in a while. The repeating pattern is what concerned me. I listed those games to explain why I was worried about dropping that game in Lubbock, period. If that makes me an “idiot” so be it. People who have been on this board long enough know that I love and support the Horns and avoid attacking people personally. That win against ISU this weekend was the complete win we’ve been hoping for and I’m excited as anybody to see our defense rebound from the past three weeks. Hook ‘em.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT