ADVERTISEMENT

The 2025 LSR List is out and the No.1 spot isn't someone you might expect...

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
The full 2025 Lone Star Recruiting Top 100 list

5 stars

I think he's the best OL prospect from the state in the collective 2023, 2024 and 2025 classes. If you could only sign one of the OL from any of these years, Rogers is your guy. When I sent film of Rogers to @Alex Dunlap , his first comment was to ask if Rivals had already ranked him as a five-star. Not yet, but surely a monster recruiting grade is coming. He plays with power, athleticism, very good feet and a brain for the gain. Honestly, he has stuff on film as a sophomore that's far more advanced than his age should allow.

Listed at 6-3, 175 pounds, there's pretty much nothing about Sanchez that I dislike. Despite his lanky frame, he's effortless in man to man coverage and makes staying in the wide receiver's hip pocket look really easy. One of the things that jumps out about Sanchez is how well his recovery quickness is when he takes a bad step. He's brings good ball skills, plus tackling and positional versatility to the table as well. Also, he brings a ton of pedigree to the table. By the time he's finished playing HS football, he'll have played 50+ games at the highest levels the state of Texas has to throw at him.

High 4-star (6.0)

Moore is just on the outside of a full 5-star ranking simply because I want to see how he performs the rest of the spring, both on the field as a player and as an athlete in track. On the field, he's an absolute monster of a player for Duncanville. At 6-0, 175 pounds, he makes place all over the field in a variety of ways. He can take a short hitch 70 yards for a touchdown, he can elevate over players and he can work the intermediate parts of the field with sublime ease. More than anything, the kid is just a hell of a football player. He always finds a way to make an impact on a game.

The more I watch of Marsh, the more impressed by him as a college prospect. At 6-0, 168 pounds, Marsh can get up and climb the ladder to make difficult high-point catches or he can just blow by defensive backs with his speed. Honestly, just get this kid the ball because he can turn a short catch and run into a home-run play with relative ease. Catches the ball easily and has a high-catch radius. Has performed extremely well against other top-flight competition in his age group at camps. He comes across as a prospect with a sky high ceiling and a very small basement.

This is all about projection. At 6-5, 235 pounds, Riles has a borderline perfect frame for a big-time defensive end target coming off of his sophomore year. He's got a ton of raw athleticism, which shows up on film as he plays inside and outside for Port Arthur Memorial. If he continues to develop and build off of what he did last season, he has a chance to be in the 5-star discussion. Players with his profile end up playing on Sundays... a LOT.

You could talk me into Lockett being the best receiver prospect in the state because he' a little bigger than Moore and might be a better athlete. One thing is certain, he seems like the best after the catch receiver in the state. Just get him the ball because he's a good enough athlete once he gets his hands on the field that he can score in just about any way you'd want to see a receiver score. Might not quite be the pound for pound football player that Moore is, but he might be slightly more breathtaking as a receiver.

My favorite quarterback so far in the 2025 class, Jenkins reminds me of Shane Buechele, except he's already bigger than Buechele and he has a stronger arm. Honestly, it's hard not get excited when you watch this kid put the hammer down and rip a ball down the seams in the deep intermediate area. It's the kind of throw that separates men from the boys and he's making it as a sophomore in high school. He's got great mobility, but seems to move around and run to set up his throws, but he can pick up a first down scrambling if needed with relative ease. His best football is squarely in front of him.

Jackson has all the pieces of the puzzle to eventually become a Sunday player. At 6-5, 230 pounds, Jackson shows flashes at both tight end and defensive end that suggest that he could be a high end college player at either position. For a kid that is a mere sophomore in high school, Jackson's physicality at this age jumps off the film. As explosive and dynamic as he is as an athlete at his size, his willingness to get into a fight as a blocker or when taking on an offensive tackle at the point of attack makes him a big of a unicorn. Dudes like Jackson don't grow on trees.

My favorite edge prospect in the state. The 6-4, 240-pound Simpson is a blur coming off the ball and flashes significant athleticism. We're talking about a kid that can dunk with ease coming off of two feet from a stand-still position. He's raw as it gets at this point in his development, but what he brings to the table in terms of raw ability is absolutely top-shelf. Not many kids out there can do this.

1677510161140.png

Mid Four-stars Plus (5.9+)

I don't know what I was expecting when I did the deep dive into Rink as a player, but he's better than whatever preconceived notions I might have had about him as a legacy prospect for the Longhorns. At 6-1.5, 254 pounds, he falls into the Tweener category from a size standpoint, but he gives off young Soloman Thomas vibes with his ability to play up and down the line of scrimmage at this level with raw explosiveness, tenacity and natural playmaking skills that are not normal in prospects in his age group.

Sellers might have the best film of any defensive back in this class. He's a true triple threat, who can take over a game at any point on offense, defense and special teams. At 6-0, 170 pounds, he's got the size you're looking for at cornerback and he plays with the kind of instincts in the secondary that will cause you to drool. The kid just feels the game and what's happening about an extra beat or two faster than anyone. When he gets his hands on the ball in any phase of the game, he's a threat to take it to the house. I'm curious to see how he performs in track this spring because he was running a sub 22.0 in the 200 meters as a true freshman. The fact that he's transferred to Pearland Shadow Creek means that we'll get a chance to see how he performs against better talent as a junior.

Things can change, but Barker is my favorite running back in the state because he brings the best combination of size, power and big play ability. Listed at 6-1, 190 pounds, Barker is in his wheelhouse when running between the tackles and he's not looking to always take his runs to the outside like so many of his peers. The kid runs with power that allows him to run through tacklers that don't wrap up well. Claims a 10.8 100-meters personal best, which is outstanding at his age and confirms what your eyes tell you about his speed when you watch his film.

Mid Four-stars (5.9)

This ranking has a little bit of projection baked into it because the 6-3, 200-pound Williams could end up being a super blue chip prospect as a linebacker in time. While playing safety for Ball this season, Williams earned District MVP honors because of a strong all-around game. At his best, he can fly all over the field, drop back into coverage and flash with his plus-set of athletic tools. You can get a sense of just how talented he is when he lined up at wide receiver because he has the speed and athletic tools to rip a defense apart. As his body continues to develop, we're likely going to be looking at a guy that plays in the 212-218 pound range in the coming years, which will out him in the ideal size range as a linebacker. He's not a dominant player yet, but you can see the dominance coming in the future if he can just keep putting the pieces together.

Pettaway isn't yet a great player... he's a very good one, but the pieces are there for him to emerge as the best cornerback in this class. One thing is certain, the 5-11, 160-pound Pettaway can flat out scoot, as evidenced by his personal best of 10.8 in the 100 meters as a freshman in high school. When he has to turn the jets on as a football player, he has the ability to be the fastest player on the field by a wide margin. His coverage skills are a work in progress, but he definitely looks like a guy that can be a plus-player in man coverage and he shows a willingness to stick his helmet into players. Honestly, by the end of the spring, he might be in the super blue chip region of these rankings. For now, he's just on the outside looking in.

At 6-1, 200 pounds, Riggins is a disruptive force on one of the state's top defenses, but he's also a bit undersized, which leaves me wondering just how big his body is going to grow as he develops into a future college player. With just a little more size, we're looking at a prototype Big 12 linebacker, who thrives in space, is comfortable dropping back in coverage and plays with a rage that his coaches must love. Hell, at times he'll be in a four-point stance and plays as a defensive end for Oak Cliff. He's an incredibly versatile athlete that has a lot of game. It's just a matter of his body developing a little more and he has a chance to be an elite linebacker prospect.

The 6-2, 200-pound Kitna, who is the son of former NFL quarterback Jon Kitna, can throw the ball over the field with ease, just like his old man used to. In addition to being able to throw every ball on the passing tree, he's got the kind of mobility and natural run skills to be a dual-threat option in college.If he makes continued improvement, this spot is going to be too low for him in 6 months. Given the value of the quarterback position, it might already be too low for him. He looks like a younger version of Jackson Arnold on the field.

Williams has had as many high-level offers as any player in the state this month and yet I don't quite have him rated in the same tiers as the wide receivers I like the most in the state. At 6-1, 175 pounds, Williams is a straight line receiver that break the backs of opposing defenses if you give him a crease. He's not a player that is going to be defense's with explosiveness in the air, but he runs really good routes and is a smooth operator at the position. Is fair to admit that the only play on his HUDL highlights (45-second mark) that made me jump out of my seat was a play that saw a defensive back track him down from behind like a hawk? The player in question? Lake Belton's 2023 star prospect Selman Bridges. To be fair to Williams, he made a million plays in that game against Lake Belton, which is why he rates as a state top 20 prospect.

Battle looks like an SEC type of defensive lineman at the age of 15, which means I might just have him rated a little too low because those players are worth so much. He projects as a big-bodied nose-tackle at the next level that takes up a lot of space, will likely require multiple blockers to handle him and when he gets a load of steam downhill, he make plays up and down the line of scrimmage. He's not an elite-level athlete for his size, but he moves well. He'll remind you of a young Keondre Coburn.

I'm probably the biggest fan of Johnson in the industry at this point and he's only ranked as a mid four-star and not in a higher category because I want to get a sense for how true his listed 6-4, 214-pound frame is. As a player, I absolutely love him on both sides of the ball. As a tight end on offense, he has the speed and athleticism to stretch defenses beyond their capacity. He can flat out run away from linebackers in coverage, but he's also a willing end-line blocker that can kind of do everything that's requested of him at the position. Meanwhile, over on the defensive side of the ball, he's a playmaker off the edge at end, which means that he might end up sticking on defense at the next level because of the premium placed on those skills.

Low Four-Stars Plus (5.8+)

The 6-4, 295-pound Williams isn't a dominant force yet as a defensive lineman, but he has the pieces to be a major college interior defensive lineman. You wouldn't call him a plus athlete for his size because he's not really a guy that makes plays up and down the line of scrimmage with quickness and burst. What he does a really good job at this point in his development is playing with good pad level and leverage, which allows him to beat blockers one-on-one and create havoc in the backfield. It's easy to envision him as a nose-tackle at the next level and potentially a very good one.

At 5-11, 165 pounds, Singleton is a five-star special teams player that hasn't yet developed into a high level wide receiver... yet. That being said, this kid can flat out run, as evidenced by his 21.61 200-meter speed as a freshman and his nearly sub-11.00 best in the 100 meters in the 8th grade. By the time he's a senior, he might very well be one of the fastest players in this class. In a world where everyone is trying to find some kind of version of Tyreek Hill for their offense, Singleton could develop into a version of that kind of player at the next level with continued development.

Ryan doesn't quite have the arm talent of the two quarterbacks ranked slightly ahead of him, but his speed and raw athleticism make him the state's most dangerous running quarterback in his class. On top of that, he does a really nice job in the passing game, especially in the short and intermediate areas. I'm not sure he throws the balk down the field as well as Jenkins or Kitna, but he can sling the football around.

At a listed 6-3, 270 pounds, Ukponu is a little undersized as things currently stand, so it'll be interesting to see how his body develops in the next few years because this isn't a kid with a lot of fat on his body. Has a little more athleticism than some of his peers at the position, but he doesn't always use it to the best of his ability. He tends to engage with linemen and then separate from them with his long arms, which allows him to read plays and disrupt once he sees where the ball is. He's a work in progress, but there are pieces in his make-up that suggest he has a lot of room for growth.

At 6-6, 270 pounds, Haywood has the type of long, athletic frame you'd probably dream of working with as an offensive line coach. His weakness at this point is simply not having the type of overall body strength that he will eventually own when he becomes a 300-pound player down the road, but he's a plus-athlete, moves his feet well once engaging with opposing players, has the ability to get to the second level and he's got some pass-protection upside. It's just going to take some time with Haywood, but it feels like a matter of when and not if.

See Haywood. They aren't a complete like for like, but all of the bottom lines remain the same. He's got a great frame to build on and once he does, he has a chance to be a legit national top 75 type of player. It's just a matter of how long it is going to take his body to develop from a size and strength standpoint. The tools are all there to work with.

He's a very similar player to Jonah Williams out of Galveston Ball. He's got a long 6-4, 205-pound frame that needs some development, but he plays extremely well in space, has plus-athleticism and has playmaking skills. He's not quite all the way there as a prospect, but he's not far away, either.

He's the West Texas version of Singleton, except he plays running back instead of wide receiver, but this kid can fly. In fact, he already has a 10.81 under his belt this month in the early days of the 2023 track season. In terms of home run hitting running backs in Texas at the moment, Bray has to be at the top of the list. There's not a lot of nuance to his skill set right now. He's tough to tackle in space and beats kids in one on one battles with shoulder fakes. Once he's in the open field, the play typically ends up in a touchdown. There are still questions about what his ultimate position at the next level might look like, but his speed makes him a someone to keep an eye on

At 6-5, 240 pounds, Armstrong is yet another big tight end/defensive line prospect that is still growing into his body and hasn't begin to scratch his ceiling as a prospect. As a tight end, Armstrong is comfortable moving all over the field as a receiver and has a pretty wide catch radius. Also lines up as an outside rusher on defense is more than capable on that side of the ball. This kid is very raw, but he could be a big-time hit with some development.

The 6-5, 215-pound Woodfork simply needs more development time and he's got a chance to be a much-higher rated prospect. As it is, he's a bit of a gangly player off the edge who possesses nice athleticism and playmaking skills. He's not a strong player at the point of attack at this stage of his development, but he can and will make a lot of chase down plays along the line of scrimmage.

I've got a little bit of a crush on Strickland, who is just a damn good football player in the secondary at this stage of his development, although he's probably just a very good and not an elite athlete. At 6-1, 170 pounds, he's used all over the field at the high school level because of his instincts as a player, ability to get to the ball and make things happen. He shows really good man cover skills, but he might be best used at the next level at safety. At the moment, he feels like a national top 75 guy as a player, but maybe a national Top 250 guy as an athlete.

A do-it-all-defensive back that just recently transferred from a high school in Illinois to DeSoto. He's outstanding in coverage, has a nose for the football, flashes plus-athleticism and is generally just a very good playmaker. He's one of the best safety prospects in Texas.

I love watching this kid play football. I just wish he was a little bigger than 6-1, 195-pounds(ish) as a linebacker. He's an explosive athlete that seems to bring 200 pounds of TNT to every collision he's involved in. Is very comfortable when dropping back into coverage, but he's at his best when he's coming downhill towards the action on the field. If he fills out a little more physically, he's got a chance to be a dynamite linebacker at the next level.

Low Four-Stars (5.8)

Watson is hell on wheels when he takes off running from the quarterback position, but he's a small guy at 5-10, 175 pounds and ask quick as he is on the field, he doesn't bring superiors plus-speed at this stage of his development. His fastest time early in this track season as a sophomore is 11.49 in the 100 meters. He definitely has my attention, but he's just not an elite prospect yet in my estimation, even if his current rankings strongly suggest that he is.

One one hand, Sanders is a 6-3, 290-pound interior line prospect that has a way of getting himself in the middle of things as a true disruption. On the other, he's limited athletically, needs to improve his upper-body strength and doesn't play against great competition. As he starts to gain improvement on the areas of his game that need improving, he's got a chance to move up the rankings.

An undersized 6-3, 215-pound edge player, Granville is an athletic, relentless playmaker off the edge. I'm not sure any prospect in Texas uses their hands as well as Granville does, which allows him to separate from bigger blockers. He needs to add upper-body strength and his body needs to keep developing as much as possible to get him out of the Tweener category of prospects, but he's got a real Tausili Akana vibes about his game.

Deblanc will be one of the receivers to keep a close on eye this spring during the evaluation period because he didn't play for the North Shore varsity in the fall because of transfer issues. At 5-10, 180 pounds Deblanc is a big play waiting to happen when he gets his hands on the ball. Yet, at his size it's hard to say at this point if he's a fast guy or a really, really fast guy. In a deep year at receiver in Texas, it's still a little unclear how high Deblanc should be.

Although he's listed at 6-5, 230 pounds, I think he might be a little lighter on the scales in both height and weight. Is a very solid player, who has good but not great athleticism. Needs to add some serious strength in the weight room and develop a little more physically before he moves into the top tiers of the rankings, but he's got upside and time on his side.

There's a lot to like about this sideline to sideline playmaker, but at 6-1, 190 pounds, he's a little light in the britches and needs to physically develop a little more than he can be thought of as anything higher than a basic four-star prospect. Still, the pieces are there. If can gain 20-25 pound over the course of the next two years, he'll end up being a national linebacker prospect. As a football player, I like him a lot. He gets downhill fast, has a nose for the ball and runs sideline to sideline. He's simply a linebacker in a safety's body at the moment.

The 6-5, 225-pound tight end might not have as sexy of a highlight reel as some of his peers in a very good tight end class, but he does everything really well. He runs, gets open and catches the ball really easily. As a blocker, he enjoys mixing it up and imposing his will on defenders. Considering the value of players at his position with this kind of size at this young age, he might be a little underrated in this spot, but there's a lot of time for him to potentially climb the rankings.

He's a long corner at 6-1, 170 pounds, who does everything pretty well, but I'm not sure there's anything that I would describe as great at this point outside his frame, which gives you a lot to potentially work with.

Attachments

• 1677510161140.png
    1677510161140.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 3,206
Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News