The Case for Nyck Harbor

Jerome in the House

Look at the white shoes, look at the white shoes…
Gold Member
Mar 25, 2022
Ok, hear me out.

We all should be aware of who Nyck Harbor is by now. A 6’5, 235lb human with 10.1 speed should be illegal. However, the true SO is relatively new to the WR position, as he did not play on the outside in high school. For that reason, he’s yet to make the type of impact you’d expect a specimen of his unique caliber to make. He racked up a mere 195 yds and a single TD on 12 catches last year, and is on pace to just barely out perform those stats thus far this year.

Why then might we want to take a stab at a 19 yr old who’s yet to produce anything of significance? See my second sentence. Next year will officially begin the Arch Manning era. If there’s one thing we know about our heir apparent, it’s that he throws a gorgeous deep ball, and Sark ain’t afraid to dial it up either. However, we’re expected to lose the bulk of our deep threat brigade to the draft. While we love our incoming WR class, they’re not exactly known for their long speed.

South Carolina hasn’t exactly looked like the Manning Passing Academy this year, and they don’t have any reason to believe that’ll change by next year either. Norris has potential, but it ain’t his arm that has fans fired up about his future. I don’t know that Nyck is a three year guy, with his lack of production or impact thus far, but I know for sure he has no shot if that’s the offense he’s playing in next year. Well, maybe he can rely on getting drafted off of his combine performance, but why put all your eggs in that basket?

This is why I see portal move to the good guys as a win-win for both sides. Chris Jackson gets his hands on Harbor for one to two years of development for the NFL. Sark gets a one of a kind weapon to threaten opponents downfield. And Arch gets a deep threat and tunnel screen target to put on his highlight reel. Plus, I’m sure we can shell out more than whatever the Gamecock’s collective can cobble together, especially with how much those DEs are going to cost them to keep.

Anyway, what do you think? Am I on to something, or am I on something?

TL;DR: Nyck Harbor is good. We should poach him.

Latest posts

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.