ADVERTISEMENT

The Cruelty of Sport

badboy783

Gold Member
Dec 1, 2008
The Woodlands, TX
A week ago we lost to a team whose offense could do no wrong. Penix didn’t miss. He stepped up, faded back, scrambled and threw lasers in to tight coverage. It was the equivalent of a Jordan knocking down six 3’s in game 1 vs Portland. No matter where Penix threw it, it was on target and caught even in really good coverage.

Tonight, we can give Michigan credit as they deserve but Penix had an off game. He looked more like a 1st or 2nd year player than the guy who looked jaded by the Heisman voting last week.

I’ve watched our game several times. I went from being mad at the secondary to appreciating the darts being thrown last week. Everything went their way.

We didn’t lose because we didn’t run the ball. Our backs fumbled twice. We didn’t lose because of a terrible game plan. We false started and held.

We lost because Penix couldn’t make a mistake and they simply made one more play on one night when we couldn’t stop shooting ourselves in the foot.

Could we have hung with Michigan? I dunno. That was a fully matured squad that beat down UW tonight. I thought we matched up well with everyone but UW however this was no accident tonight. UW and Michigan are a long way apart. And the trajectory of the two programs, UW and Texas is distinctly different. UW loses A LOT and Texas is still stacking bricks.

The future is very bright. Year 3 with a lot of youth and at worst it was something to grow on. One play away from playing for it all. I think we have lots of fun ahead under Sark.

Hook’em

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News