ADVERTISEMENT

The Holocaust vs The Rape of Nanking

Prison Mike.

You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2008
Scranton
First: This isn’t intended to be one is worse than the other or as bad as the other discussion. Just wanna clear the air given the current events in the world.

That being said. I just finished reading a book on the rape of Nanking and holy shit. I don’t think this gets the attention it deserves in the history books. I can’t remember ever learning about it in high school. Obviously we learned about the holocaust and I think most average American can tell you at least one thing about it. But I don’t think most of the average American can tell you anything about the rape of Nanking.

The barbarism displayed in such a short time was horrific. I’m pretty desensitized to most things but this might have been one of a few books where I had to sit it down periodically to process what I just read.

I’d argue that it was a more barbaric display of humanity than the holocaust. Not in sheer numbers obviously but in the way the Japanese killed the people of Nanking is like something out of a modern day horror/gore film.

Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News