ADVERTISEMENT

The latest on Bru McCoy (UPDATED 1:52 p.m.)

Anwar Richardson

Staff
Apr 24, 2014
1:52 PM UPDATE ON MONDAY:

As of early Monday afternoon, Texas receiver Bru McCoy has not informed anyone at Texas about his intent to transfer, according to my sources.

Clearly, McCoy could contact UT and inform the appropriate people he intends to transfer. For now, he has not officially announced a decision to leave.

If McCoy was not contemplating leaving Texas, he could have squashed the rumor about his departure by now. Since McCoy, or nobody within his family, has suppressed the situation, publicly or privately, it appears the freshman receiver is unsure of his future at Texas.

Texas begins its summer conditioning program on Tuesday.

From what I was told, if McCoy needs a few days to clear his head, nobody associated with the program will be upset about him staying in California for a few extra days to sort things out.

I will keep you posted.

(Anwar)

We are still checking into USC’s 247 website’s report about Bru McCoy transferring from Texas back to USC. As of Monday morning, we have been unable to confirm the report, but are working to obtain information about what has been reported.

Right now, there are way more questions than answers.

As I reported earlier this month, McCoy had not filed an appeal to the NCAA to play at Texas this season after hitting campus in January. My sources were told McCoy wanted to see what happened in other appeals before deciding the best course of action.

If McCoy does intend to transfer, it is possible he has not officially informed any members of the Longhorn staff. Texas football coach Tom Herman gave his staff a few days off for the holiday weekend. The summer conditioning program begins on Tuesday, and if McCoy is still in Austin, there is still time for the staff to address any concerns he might have.

Even if McCoy is transferring, there is no way to know if he will be eligible at USC this year. Only a person in compliance would know if a player who transferred from USC, participated in spring football at Texas, never removed from his name from the transfer portal, did not file a waiver to play for UT, and returned to the Trojans would be eligible to play football this season. This is unchartered territory

We will keep digging and keep you posted.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News